Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics inside!! - Page 2 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM

Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post

This is the neck being glued on the body!!!
The next step is doing the neck heel shape, and final setup, ready to go to paintbooth!!!

Please feel free to comment!!!
Cheers,
Willian Tubarão
wow, nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
So you gonna deep the body and then hold the guitar upside down and deep the headstock? or do you have a deep enough deeping tank and you are planing to deep the whole thing?
Quote:
Hi will, www.arsguitars.com does not work. Is it completely down for the update? or am I completely wrong regarding the website name?
Yep, i do have a huge deeping tank, then i can swirl the body, neck and headstock all together, on the same swirl.
Customer is thinking about the complete swirl on the neck, anyway the mahogany on neck is sick!
So he's gonna choose between complete swirl or 'body and headstock swirl', keeping the back of the neck on natural clear finish, showing the brazilian mahogany!

The ARS site adress was correct, but after 6 years online, it needs a huge update. I'm updating it myself (doing a favor to my friend) and need to put some "under construction" page. The offline aspect was due to hosting change, etc: not my choice!!!.
Maybe tomorrow it's gonna have an index page. I need to sort this out ASAP!

Today, the neck received the final shape and got the first coat of clear sealant/paint.
LOOKS REALLY KEWL SO FAR!!!

More info soon!
Thanx
post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarnutteruk View Post
shark, i tip my hat to ya, the work looks great! the inlay on the neck is killer, when are you gonna swirl your beard? if i could grow one i would have done mine already buddy.
keep the pics coming mate. have a good one
HAGO: I can send ya my beard for a PAW swirl, dude!!!
Looking forward to see more swirls from you!
Keep 'em coming!
post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:51 PM

Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics inside!!

I pretty much lurk around this forum, and I rarely post (check my count), but your work never fails to impress me. Always something different and original. Keep it it up.
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics inside!!

Thank you for your comments

The guitar was sealed and prepared:

post #21 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Now, it's time for some MAGIC

ready for dipping madness!!!

Comment please!!!
post #22 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:44 AM

I wish I could do half the stuff you can do. Man I'm so jealous.
post #23 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM

Reviews: 18

Damn, looking good Will!

Jimmy
post #24 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 AM

I want a neck through guitar sooooooo bad!
post #25 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM

when the first picture of the primed guitar showed up I was expecting to see it already swirled, especially after you said "magic time". Are you teasing us?
post #26 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM

Swirl it already!
post #27 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 02:46 PM

lovin it, get dunkin', more pics pl.
post #28 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
when the first picture of the primed guitar showed up I was expecting to see it already swirled, especially after you said "magic time". Are you teasing us?
Ummm: yeah

where are those POPCORN emoticons???

The guitar was swirled!!!!!
I'll upload pictures ASAP.
This was a LOVELY SWIRL!!!
post #29 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

post #30 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 AM

That's cool.

Tags
acoustic guitar , air norton , air norton neck , body shape , clear coat , custom guitar , custom guitars , evo bridge , floyd rose , gmc swirl , gotoh floyd rose , guitar body , headstock shape , local music store , mahogany body , music store , neck binding , neck pickup , norton neck , reversed headstock , rosewood fretboard , swirled body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode