Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics inside!! - Page 5 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics inside!!

Well you heard wrong Amigo :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned

Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics inside!!

Oh, and by the way, I honestly WAS NOT bashing the guitar. I think the guitar looks great and I can REALLY appreciate the fact that you did all the body and carves by hand....something that would be extremely time consuming and hard to do. I LOVE the inlay the most and I like the swirl....I appologize if you took my question the wrong way, I just thought sheliding the cavity is something every experienced guitar builder should do, if not for anything as a pre-cautionary measure to insure NO interference any where the guitar may end up.

I know I didn't do it one time when I 1st started building guitars and is was quiet as everything at my house and my shop....I took it to a local music store and plugged it in and it buzzed like everything b/c of all the flourescent lights and other things. So you can never assume just b/c it doesn't hum at ur shop, or your house, that it may not at someone else's. It never hurts to be on the safe side, especially when it only costs you a few bucks and a few minutes. Plus it looks nice & clean too.

Last edited by PatrickSimsCustomShopUSA; 04-19-2008 at 04:17 PM.
post #63 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

I want to make PUBLIC that SIMS sounds like trying to start something i'm not willing to, and don't have the time or patience, to discuss.
At this point, i'm just getting out of responding or quoting something that guy says or do.

Please, everybody excuse my poor english skills.
I'm open to hear any kind of comment, but nothing offensive like this guy's doing.
Thanx to everyone in advance.
post #64 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:15 PM

Hey will great job mate, like Sam said, LOVE the headstock, it looks like the front of a sci-fi novel! top notch mate.

i hope this thread isnt gonna degrade into another argument.

PEACE and LOVE and good happiness stuff.
post #65 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post
"The creature from the black lagoon" guitar.
post #66 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarnutteruk View Post
Hey will great job mate, like Sam said, LOVE the headstock, it looks like the front of a sci-fi novel! top notch mate.

i hope this thread isnt gonna degrade into another argument.

PEACE and LOVE and good happiness stuff.
Hey HAGO, thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
"The creature from the black lagoon" guitar.
Woooow: nice thread tittle!
Thank you!
post #67 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:33 PM

Tubarao... forget scs. dont reply him. he always does the same...

your guitars is very cool with green pickups!!!
but honestly, I prefer other kinds of swirl

congrats!

Last edited by DaniJem; 04-19-2008 at 04:41 PM.
post #68 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 05:59 PM

what pickups did you use on it? I'm in the process of doing a mahogany body guitar and I was wondering what will sound good.
post #69 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 PM

Ooo my goodness !!! That looks absolutely amazing! Awesome work, Will.
post #70 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 06:19 PM

Doesnt the neck have to actually go through the whole body like on a Gibson Firebird to be a neck through?
Do you put that sticker on every guitar you swirl or did the customer request it?

Looks cool either way.
post #71 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 06:32 PM

Dude that is wild. Looks like solid marble.
post #72 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Wonderful work!
I love how the neck is swirled, to a certain point (or should I say line), and then shows the natural, neck wood.
post #73 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 AM

That is truly a beautiful swirl.

Very, very well done on that AWESOME custom job.

I especially love how the middle pup is not too noticeable.
post #74 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:14 AM

Oh god, I had to post again after looking again. That swirl is amazing. I am absolutely in love with it.
post #75 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:17 AM

Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post
I want to make PUBLIC that SIMS sounds like trying to start something i'm not willing to, and don't have the time or patience, to discuss.
At this point, i'm just getting out of responding or quoting something that guy says or do.

Please, everybody excuse my poor english skills.
I'm open to hear any kind of comment, but nothing offensive like this guy's doing.
Thanx to everyone in advance.
Actually, I don't think he was being offensive. A little blunt, perhaps, but it was constructive criticism, and a fair point.

Moving on, could I ask how much you would charge for a beauty like that to be built and swirled?

Tags
acoustic guitar , air norton , air norton neck , body shape , clear coat , custom guitar , custom guitars , evo bridge , floyd rose , gmc swirl , gotoh floyd rose , guitar body , headstock shape , local music store , mahogany body , music store , neck binding , neck pickup , norton neck , reversed headstock , rosewood fretboard , swirled body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode