Dead Man Walking! No...seriously! - Page 5 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 01:05 AM

Re: Dead Man Walking! No...seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Here is an interesting interview with Michael Anthony about the current state of VH.

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Regards

André
That's a good interview actually. It sounds like both Ed and Dave are just out of their minds with not getting along (I believe they are BOTH dopes) and there's poor Michael who just wants to play music. Ok, Dave is nuttier than Eddie by a tad, but Eddie looks much worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo7v
be careful what you wish for...

This is my desktop wallpaper now! ;-)

jim
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
This is my desktop wallpaper now! ;-)

jim
Come on Ed likes cats so what .

Regards

André

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 12:25 PM

It's on my desktop at work. I've asked a few people, "Recognize this guy? He's a famous rocker", and no one has recognized him yet! LOL When I tell people who he is, the reaction is always "What happened to him?!"
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
It's on my desktop at work.
that's as close as i'm getting to an office for a long time!
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 02:19 PM

Here is the real reason why left Peavey (copied from the eddievanhalen.com forum).

Quote:
For legal reasons I cannot name the person I have spoken to here, or tell you were we spoke:

This snatch of a conversation comes direct from the mouth of a person quite high up in the company (Peavey) that I had the privilage of meeting and dining with earlier on today (it's amazing what who you can meet through networking)

"When EVH heard that we had signed Joe Satriani he basically threw a huge hissy fit and took the huff, especially when he heard that the Satriani amp was planned to replace the 5150 as the companies hi end amplifier. Not long after, he decided that renewing his contract would not be in his best interest"

Later on in our conversation (and after a few more glasses of wine) this little gem was dilivered:

"Of course you know that originally Ed was going to make his signature amp with Soldano, Hartley offered him more money, so he took the design he came up with along with Soldano and walked"

We also discussed the Charvel deal (apparently this was Ed's attempt at being petulant and also to try to get more money from Peavey to stop him walking - finacially this was not a viable option for the company at the present time)
So much for a G3 tour featuring Ed.

Regards

André

Tags
eric johnson , guitar playing , joe satriani , keith richards , michael anthony , playing guitar , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode