Dean Guitar Contest - Page 4 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:58 AM

Re: Dean Guitar Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall_man View Post

Dean Zelinsky came up with the ML shape, Washburn didn't.
Funny how Dean Zelinsky isn't with Dean anymore too. Such a great company their founder doesn't even stick around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Finally we're getting some rationality to this thread.
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
Funny how Dean Zelinsky isn't with Dean anymore too. Such a great company their founder doesn't even stick around.
He's still around, he just doesn't own the company anymore.

Who do you think Dime went to when designing the Razorback.

BTW Dean Zelinsky hand made the very first Razorback, the one with the Rust finish. Stephen Jenson did the finish.
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Finally we're getting some rationality to this thread. ^^^
Sorry man, but maybe your missing the point. You obviously know very little of guitar making. It's impossible for a note to vibrate and resonate the same in the body and the head stock when they are two different masses. Some physics would have helped you not make that mistake. That's not to mention two different pieces of wood affecting the resonance (whether or not they were the same type still doesn't mean the note or vibration resonates the same all the way through). And let's talk about sustain, since when does set neck automatically equal longer sustain? Scale length, wood density/quality, string gage and pickups do a lot of the work just to name a few. It's also funny to see how the Vinnie Moore sig has a bolt on neck and many RG inspired lines. Doe's his guitar lack sustain and resonance? And Tom Brolin's sig is a bolt on too I belieive. Hell was Jimi Hedrix's and Stevie Ray Vaughn's tone inferior to your Dean they were bolt on's too.

Just go listen to Joe Satriani and see how good a Japanese made bolt on neck guitar can sustain. And if you say his tone is crap compared to anyone on the Dean list I'll be vindicated for saying that you don't know anything.

So why would I believe that your dean is even close to my '91 RG 560 let alone a JEM or J-Custom. What do you know about any of it?

You're just trying to generate buzz for a competition no one here cares about. Views aren't equating to votes by any means, well at least not good votes.
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

LOL He couldn't pick apart my previous thread so he had to go back farther to criticize me.

Ok the guitar building comment: I'll take that as a hit and me getting put in my place

As for as the contest: NO you're wrong.

I wasn't trying to generate buzz for the contest, **** the contest, i was trying to generate buzz about me. Why would i want another 300 guitar players entering when I'm certain at least half of your can probably play better than me. I was just trying to get my name out there.

Like I said, Oh well
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 PM

Lightbulb Re: Dean Guitar Contest

Having travelled extensively in both China and Korea, I felt that you guys should know that most of the factories that make Ibanez guitars also make Dean guitars.
I've been in several factories from Dalian to Shenzhen where Deans and Ibanezes were going down the same assembly lines.
post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Maybe somebody should note that there are only 3 factories in Korea and Ibanez has used them all, so the $600 Dean was made by the exact same hands that made RG350's and S470's. So, how in the world could it possibly play any better
^^^^^
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
What was Vinnie playing back when he actually put asses in seats?
Hey! He's putting a LOT of asses in seats now with UFO! Granted, maybe not just for him, but he still can burn it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
6. You're just jealous because I'm better than every Dean endorsed guitarist.
So you think you're better than Vinnie Moore or Leslie West?

I have to say, the blatant fanboyism in this thread is actually quite amusing, whether you're on Ibanez's or Dean's "side." Point being, I've played Ibanezes that kill some Deans I've played. Likewise, I've played quite a few Deans that I thought were better than most of the Ibanezes I've played. The fact that they are made in the same factories (except the MIJ/MIA ones) should be enough to stop this thread.
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledToArms View Post
the difference in a set neck vs a bolt on neck soundwise are minimal at best on a good guitar. If the guitar is made right and set up right the bolt on neck is going to have a negligible difference in sustain vs the same kind of guitar with a set neck (in my experience). However the bolt on is easier to deal with if something happens to the neck.
+infinite. There's nothing dumber than people who truly believe one to be a 'superior' design over another. It's all preference. Neck thru isnt better than set neck or bolt on or any of those, it's just different. I personally prefer bolt on for the extra twang and the ease of maintenance.
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:58 PM

Cool Re: Dean Guitar Contest

Man, those Dean guys sure are a bad ass bunch of motor scooters, eh?...the noive, the NOIVE of doze guyz!!!
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Oh, **** you very much!
Oh boy, Did you just say the F-word.
Man oh man you're way too badass for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylay00 View Post

So you think you're better than Vinnie Moore or Leslie West?

I'm relatively sure he was being sarcastic and making fun of the original poster
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 PM

Simply too stupid to continue.
Closed Thread

Tags
angelo batio , dimebag darrell , michael angelo batio , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode