DLR Van Halen Reunion ... - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

DLR Van Halen Reunion ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060103/...N5bnN1YmNhdA--

Just news, okay?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:13 AM

Re: DLR Van Halen Reunion ...

I read about this eariler this morning, cool stuff!

Although I must admit, if he doesn't wear the spandex and do the spinning roundhouse kick into the big balloon like on the "Just like paradise" video then it won't be worth it (and yes I am aware he's 51)

Oh yeah! bring back the big inflatable microphone!
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:19 AM

As long as they come to the UK, thats fine. Its been a dream of mine to see these before they finish. Thats why I was gutted they didnt come to the UK the last time they "re-formed". Although with Roth it would be so much better. Please, please come to the UK if you do re-unite!!!
post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
As long as they come to the UK, thats fine. Its been a dream of mine to see these before they finish. Thats why I was gutted they didnt come to the UK the last time they "re-formed". Although with Roth it would be so much better. Please, please come to the UK if you do re-unite!!!
AND BRING THE INFLATABLE MICROPHONE.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249
AND BRING THE INFLATABLE MICROPHONE.
Of course!
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 06:34 AM

post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:13 AM

I'd love it if they got back together but I just can't see it I'm afraid - too much bad blood between DLR and EVH.

But yes, please come to the UK, bring the inflatable microphone and the flying over the crowd surfboard.

I saw DLR on the Skyscraper & Lil aint enough tours and he is the best frontman ever
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg5150
I'd love it if they got back together but I just can't see it I'm afraid - too much bad blood between DLR and EVH.

But yes, please come to the UK, bring the inflatable microphone and the flying over the crowd surfboard.

I saw DLR on the Skyscraper & Lil aint enough tours and he is the best frontman ever
Never say never. Presidents Jefferson & Adams were vitriolic opponents when they were young politicians, but became close later in life. Of course, if the same holds true for DLR & EVH, the songs will be slower, Ed'll have to tune down to Db and they'll add an accordion to the band...
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Contributor

Reviews: 1

You might be suprised -
Eddie is a shrewd businessman. If he decides he wants to make more money, this will happen.
Look at Cream- Baker and Bruce HATED each other.
Look at the Eagles- Henley and Frey didn't talk.
Look at Pink Floyd - Waters and Gilmour HATED each other.

Follow the money to see the future.....

-Jemaholic
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:58 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

ugh... not again ...glen
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:06 AM

After the last craptacular VH tour, I'm done giving my money to a burnt-out alcoholic has-been. DLR or not, anything EVH does WILL suck because the guy is completely incapable of getting his $hit together. If they were at all smart, they'd just leave the past be instead of tarnishing it any further.
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
If they were at all smart, they'd just leave the past be instead of tarnishing it any further.
Yep...leave us with the good memories - hey....maybe should should apply to be VH's manager
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
Yep...leave us with the good memories - hey....maybe should should apply to be VH's manager
LOL I have to deal with enough drunks in the audience at my own gigs. I don't have the patience to have to deal with them onstage too
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:20 AM

It's ok for you guys in the states, but when was the last time that line-up was in the UK?
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249
It's ok for you guys in the states, but when was the last time that line-up was in the UK?
Probably the same time that lineup was in the States. There haven't been any DLR/VH reunions thus far.

Save your money and buy a DVD of an original DLR/VH show - it'd be far more worthwhile than wasting $100+ per ticket and having to watch EVH stumble through a solo. And I don't mean stumbling as far as playing (though he does plenty of that too.) I mean literally stumble.

Tags
billy sheehan , charvel evh , charvel evh art , charvel evh art series , david lee roth , evh art series , guitar players , guitar playing , jason becker , pink floyd , sammy hagar , steve vai , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode