Does anyone in dream theater have perfect pitch? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 10:30 AM

Wink Re: Does anyone in dream theater have perfect pitch?

James LaBrie has perfect pitch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 02:43 PM

Re: Does anyone in dream theater have perfect pitch?

Tom Seaver had perfect pitch for a while ;-)
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Reviews: 1

All 5 make the perfect band who cares abotu pitch DT is probally the all around type of band. Or at least to me they are. Nothing else left to say
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7vwh
I also agree. It's a big part of the reason that my taste has moved away from most technical guitar playing aside from Vai and Johnson. So much attention is given in the performance, recording and mixing of these technical performances that the soul seems lost. Really, how many polyrhythmic drummed, unison keyboard and guitar shredfests can you actually cram on a record and claim it's different from the previous one?
a lot.. BRING! :P
"Wait for sleep, Silent man, Space Dye Vest, Through her eyes, Through my words, one last time, good night kiss, vacant"

^^ listen to those songs and tell me they're soulless.
and u have to admire the technical aspect of the band, just because they can do it..
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:37 PM

Reviews: 4

Well their last effort was pretty lame. I posted on Portnoy's site that it sounded like them parodying themselves when it came out. If it were some other band, I'd probably like it. But it being DT, I was way disappointed.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:07 PM

Train of thought was different, im still not sure what to think of it.. but it's all i've been listening to today.. and it's actually quite good, but it's not scenes from a memory or images and words quality.. but i really do think they're some immense moments on ToT they're just burried in a mosh of hellish down tuned riffage.. that does drag on longer than it should.. not much variation.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7vwh
I also agree. It's a big part of the reason that my taste has moved away from most technical guitar playing aside from Vai and Johnson. So much attention is given in the performance, recording and mixing of these technical performances that the soul seems lost. Really, how many polyrhythmic drummed, unison keyboard and guitar shredfests can you actually cram on a record and claim it's different from the previous one?
There's only one of the real shredheads that still takes my breath away, and that is Jason Becker, not for his incredible technique but for his amazing sense of melody. My favourite piece by him was only written by him though, Michael Lee Firkins played the guitar.

The song is called The End of The Beginning, I recommend all of you who haven't heard it to check it out, especially if you're into classical music.

Tags
guitar playing , jason becker , jordan rudess , michael lee , michael lee firkins

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode