Dragonforce at Sydney - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Dragonforce at Sydney

Just came back from the Dragonforce show at Sydney. I miss out last year and have some bad words from people who went but i decided to give it a try this year. Met the band yesterday (day before concert) at signing, they are actually a bunch of cool and nice guys, had a few jokes and i told sam not to get drunk and play better guitar...

Well. it seems like they werent overdrunk to wreck the songs yet, overall, they played good. there were few places that was little off but it happens later in the night. But they werent definitely way off like some vids from youtube. When they started the show, they were pretty dead on.

apart from the band, the house mix wasnt too good. u can hardly hear the vocals and the guitar is too fuzzy. the kick drum have a really trebly snap which sounded more like a snare. metal mix of drum should be very punchy but it was snappy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Re: Dragonforce at Sydney

Cool! You didn't happen to take any pic did ya?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

i took pic ..but at the 2 jcm 900 that either herman or sam was using..lol
but i took loads of videos, solos of certain songs, half of through the fire and flames song..
the whole keyboard solo i took down

the whole crowd was singing operation ground and pound on their own after the gt solo part. atmosphere was pretty good and they certain have great stage presence jumping and running all over the places and interacting witht eh crowd. many bands would just stand and play like they are stoned. Worth the experience. Also, they had a few days holiday at sydney before they played. Maybe that helped them freshen up.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 01:55 AM

Their trademark is jumping around the stage anyway maybe that's why they are kinda sloppy at times. Many bands for example DT which plays live stonedly plays really well and rarely do they go sloppy
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

well, vai and the breed are not stoned and they play good and so is with sheenan and pg in mr big..
i always think its the alcohol that makes them stoned...try to have loads like that and play 16th at 200bmp...its a challenge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode