ear training: minor sixth. song needed! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Ash

ear training: minor sixth. song needed!

for all you guys taking ear training:

I'm using the metheod of attaching songs to different intervals to find them by ear, but.... i can't find a single song for the minor sixth, going up or down! i'm stuck until i could find something! anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 09:51 AM

i don't know if this helps, but you could think of it as an inverted Maj3

C-Ab - if you play the Ab below the C, it's the Maj3 'Doorbell'. If you play the Ab above, it's a min6

If I think of any songs i'll let ya know

~K
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Ash

yes, but that will require knowing the octave. another thing i'm doing now is figuring the fifth and adding a minor second. but i really need a permanent solution.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 09:45 AM

i assume that by 5th+m2 you're using 'Maria' from West Side Story.

If you can deal wtih the note in between, there's your m6

~K
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 06:05 PM

You could go with the godfather theme too. It's got a perfect 4th in between the root and the minor 6.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Ash

Quote:

i assume that by 5th+m2 you're using 'Maria' from West Side Story.

If you can deal wtih the note in between, there's your m6

~K
It's been awhile since i've seen West Side Story. are you talking about her theme, or the santana version ('maria maria, blah blah blah blah west side story...')?

Quote:
You could go with the godfather theme too. It's got a perfect 4th in between the root and the minor 6.
I'm not familiar with the dons theme... i'm sure theres a nice vai or satch song with an interval of a minor sixth in the melody. the trick is just finding it! anyway, thanks guys, and if you come acrose anything else, please let me know! Thanks!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 03:00 PM

Minor 6th:
Lara's Theme from love story (you'll know it when you hear it)

Starts on the min 6th, goes to root and back to the min 6th again.

Hope this helps...

Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode