Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Eggy plays Floyd.

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Gurj 
#1 ·
Well no, not realy.

I play a piece that has a Pink Floyd type flavour rather than being a Pink Floyd track. Oh and I don't use a strat I use a Les Paul....

...I don't realy like Pink and my name's not Floyd.....

...anyway, here it is -

#2 ·
Do you know what's a real shame? (I'm no expert on this BTW,) is that your video camera doesn't do you any favours. The playing is great but your tone sounds a bit harsh (again not because it IS harsh) because of the camera mic.

You should go pop video-stylee, record something and then mime to it :lol:

#4 ·
Cheers lads ;)

Yeah the camera mic is absolutely pants. It's bloody rotten but then again whataya gonna do? I don't realy have the technology (or spare cash) to do these things propperly and if I don't let people know I'm looking for a gig then I'll struggle to find one.

The only thing I can say is that the playing is honest. It's live, it's one take and there is no feed into the PC for any pro tools jiggery pokery. Hopefully if somebody is looking for a guitarist to play live with them , they'll appreciate that.

Eggy

#8 ·
Good point that.

Don't you still do a bit with your band? Maybe high a pro to film you? Like you get those guys that do weddings and such, maybe they could give it a go or know someone that does do it?
Cool idea but we went our seperate ways after spending what felt like an age looking for a singer. I get asked to step in for a few numbers by some of the guys on the local circuit but it's not the same as having your own band.

sounds like Gary Moore has joined the Floyd ;)
LOL! listening to it back it does have a little Gary Moore flavour. I must be listening to too much Thin Lizzy (although I'm not sure that's possible). The tune is just a "Jam in the style of Pink Floyd" thing that's floating around those guitar backing tracks sites. I don't have any links as somebody linked me to it last week.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm finding it difficult not being in a band. The trouble with the local scene is.....well, just that. It's a local scene so it's limited to a certain number of people. Let's hope youtube can broaden things up a bit.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.