Eggy plays Floyd. - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Eggy plays Floyd.

Well no, not realy.

I play a piece that has a Pink Floyd type flavour rather than being a Pink Floyd track. Oh and I don't use a strat I use a Les Paul....

...I don't realy like Pink and my name's not Floyd.....

...anyway, here it is - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X04CjIkV8X8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:35 PM

Re: Eggy plays Floyd.

Do you know what's a real shame? (I'm no expert on this BTW,) is that your video camera doesn't do you any favours. The playing is great but your tone sounds a bit harsh (again not because it IS harsh) because of the camera mic.

You should go pop video-stylee, record something and then mime to it
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:52 PM

Sweet

Best Pink Floyd have ever sounded!!

Any luck with finding a gig yet mate??
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Cheers lads

Yeah the camera mic is absolutely pants. It's bloody rotten but then again whataya gonna do? I don't realy have the technology (or spare cash) to do these things propperly and if I don't let people know I'm looking for a gig then I'll struggle to find one.

The only thing I can say is that the playing is honest. It's live, it's one take and there is no feed into the PC for any pro tools jiggery pokery. Hopefully if somebody is looking for a guitarist to play live with them , they'll appreciate that.

Eggy
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:04 PM

Good point that.

Don't you still do a bit with your band? Maybe high a pro to film you? Like you get those guys that do weddings and such, maybe they could give it a go or know someone that does do it?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
Sweet

Best Pink Floyd have ever sounded!!

Any luck with finding a gig yet mate??
^^^^^^
What he said !!

Cool stuff
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:15 PM

sounds like Gary Moore has joined the Floyd

good stuff, should get you a gig if there are any bands with brains out there...

Quote:
I play a piece that has a Pink Floyd type flavour rather than being a Pink Floyd track
So what tune is it? Did you program it yourself? Is it available for download?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
Good point that.

Don't you still do a bit with your band? Maybe high a pro to film you? Like you get those guys that do weddings and such, maybe they could give it a go or know someone that does do it?
Cool idea but we went our seperate ways after spending what felt like an age looking for a singer. I get asked to step in for a few numbers by some of the guys on the local circuit but it's not the same as having your own band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
LOL! listening to it back it does have a little Gary Moore flavour. I must be listening to too much Thin Lizzy (although I'm not sure that's possible). The tune is just a "Jam in the style of Pink Floyd" thing that's floating around those guitar backing tracks sites. I don't have any links as somebody linked me to it last week.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm finding it difficult not being in a band. The trouble with the local scene is.....well, just that. It's a local scene so it's limited to a certain number of people. Let's hope youtube can broaden things up a bit.

Cheers!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 PM

Great playing man.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post

good stuff, should get you a gig if there are any bands with brains out there...
Definately some Gary Moore in there Cool stuff Eggy, can't believe you ain't in a band. Shame we don't live closer, otherwise I'd be saying......jam?

Tags
backing track , gary moore , les paul , pink floyd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode