Ending of G3 answers - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Ending of G3 answers

I've looked for this tab and haven't found anything that hasn't been off by a mile. What I'm mainly looking for is the tapping stuff he does right before the feedback. Anyone have it in a non-power tab format or can explain to me how to use Power Tab?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 11:07 AM

hey i 2 was amazed by his tapping at the end of answers. it is amazing and even more so becuse i got the tape of it anywho u want to learn that tapping run?? its damn simple. the only thing is that it is played really really really really fast. but before u start how do u tap?? i used to tap with my first finger and became really good at it 2. but then later on when u wanna learn some kind of vai stlye tapping u have to change ur style or at least that was my prob. it just takes to long to move ur pick so that u get acess to your first finger. first learn to tap with you second and and 3rd finger. its a bitch to get down and even more so for your 3rd finger, the damn thing never goes on the right fret. but trust me the payoff is great. anywho as for the music i had to figure it out by ear. its the best man. plus u learn new patterns to tap to by trying to get vai's pattern anywho lol u might already know all of this
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 10:08 AM
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:15 AM

answers

Hey man
use powertab , its the bst and yu can lay it back.
http://search.powertabs.net
Answers is on the database somewhere , i irecently learnt some of this. , its a good transcribe
Anton
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 01:21 PM

notation VS tab

TAB is OK for novices, but sometimes it is hard to distinguish the right rhythmic patterns with this form of notation. If anyone reading this cannot read standard notation fluently, I strongly suggest you learn. Wimps and wussies need not apply, it will be difficult to learn if you can't put in at least 30 min - 1 hour a day. Also,as was said earlier, STOP TAPPING WITH YOUR INDEX FINGER PEOPLE!! It is much more efficient to tap with your middle and ring (and even pinky) fingers because you don't have to change the way you're holding the pick. I am posting this because it took me fifteen years of trial and error to figure out these common sense concepts, so maybe I can save someone the trouble. It really isn't a matter of "preference" which finger you tap with. It's a matter of whether or not you want to limit your own possibilities, and tapping with only the index finger certainly limits what one can do.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 05:35 PM

as much sense as that makes, and although I also tap with my MIDDLE finger, EVH got away with his index
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 10:04 PM

maybe I just like middle fingers better!

Good point, and I think Edward is a great player.Hey,he could play 'circles' around me! But using him as an example proves my point (or at least suports it). He's always done a lot more with what he knows (he seems to be kind of an "I don't need to practice, I just play" sort of guy)than most people would, because of he's tremendously creative. But ya still have to admit that he could do more if he did it our way!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 05:50 AM

good point about EVH. he's most certainly one of few guitarists that invents a new stytle of play gutiar. however if i am not mistaking he has switched to 2nd and 3rd style tapping. (remember tapping was in its infancy back then and he was one of the founding fathers ) back then he mainly used really fast simple tapping patterns to achive his sound. now im sure he has matured far beyond anything i can imagine. 2 bad we dont hear about him alot. anywho back to main point of this forum TAP WITH UR 2ND AND 3RD FINGERS!!!!!!

~k
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 08:48 AM

that geocities tab is slightly wrong i tried about a few months ago, the bit where he starts that wicked tapping run on the top two strings, when you tap 16th fret you need to slide up to 17th fret, thats what vai does it makes it sound fantastic just that little slide, give it a try and you'll be smilling
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 10:30 AM

its amazing how simple the tapping riffs can be and how cool they sounf isnt it??

~K

thanks for the tip!!!!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:14 PM

this is how i fanny on with it anyway:

------------------9---12----(16)--9---12----(16)slide(17)slide(16)--------------
---9--10---16)------------------------------------

then instead of tapping 16th fret i usually tap 19th and 21st to give it an octave type sound if that makes any sense?!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:33 PM

I've Got An Idea....

Let's all just tune our guitars in straight fourths and tap with ALL out fingers.......oh wait, Stanley Jordan already did that.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I strongly suggest you learn. Wimps and wussies need not apply,
Not correct dude , some of the best musicians in the world can't read standard notation...
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 02:51 PM

taking the easy way out

I agree,there are many "greats" who can't read notation.However,if they could,they would be even better.You can't argue with that.The fact of the matter is that however difficult and painful the process of learning to read is,it gives a musician a much better grasp on theory,thus making them better at composing and improvising.The only people that argue with this point are the people who don't want to take the time to learn because it would take work,and it's easier to comfort themselves by justifying all the reasons they don't really need to do it.It's all really just a matter of HOW great you want to be.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 02:54 PM

yeah very good answer dude , you win

Tags
stanley jordan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode