Epic animu theme song time! (Ibanez, Carillion, AMT, ENGL, Toontrack, Omnisphere) - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Epic animu theme song time! (Ibanez, Carillion, AMT, ENGL, Toontrack, Omnisphere)

I recently watched an anime called Ginga Nagareboshi Gin aka Silver Fang again and I got the theme song stuck in my head real, real bad. So what do you do? Turn it into a metal cover, of course! I asked my friend Ollie Roberts from the UK metal band METAPRISM to join me for the solo part and oh boy did he rip it up! The video also features an epic "drum cam".

I grabbed my trusty Ibanez RG350M and plugged it into an AMT S1. I ran it directly into my audio interface and added a Mesa 4x12 impulse in Logic. Drums are Toontrack Metal! EZX, bass is Kontakt 5 and all keyboards are Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2. Vocals were recorded with the built in mic on a Macbook Pro, because my condenser stopped working a while back, but they turned out quite okay considering. My Japanese probably sucks and I'm no singer but hey, the song is kickass and it's all good fun, haha.

Ollie used his Carillion Guitars seven string, Timber Tones picks and an ENGL Powerball.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
amt s1 , carillion guitars , omnisphere , rg350 , toontrack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode