Evanescence - Guitarist News - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Evanescence - Guitarist News

Well, big news from Evanescence: guitarist Ben Moody has left the band, mid-tour, and has been replaced for the remainder of the tour by someone. This is a huge shocker, considering the band was, originally, Amy and Ben. See also: new video for "My Immortal" has a big tinge of irony after this news.

In other news, I think the other guitarist (can't remember the guy's name, plays ESP guitars) is using a "Grinch" James Hetfield Sig. model in the "My Immortal" video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 01:49 PM

Re: Evanescence - Guitarist News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
and has been replaced for the remainder of the tour by someone.
Didn't someone replace someone else before that?

Alden
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 03:59 PM

Quote:
...left the band, mid-tour,...
Looks great on a resume!!

Reliability: So-so.

Bwaha!
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 05:20 PM

I actually went to see evanescence not too long ago...absolutely BRILLIANT they were too...even for me the little shred head ...allthough I do suppose the greatness of the show has something to do with what amy lee was wearing ...but thats beside the point . Well yeah, when I saw them Ben had stormed off home and they had the "new" guitarist playing for them. He fitted in really well and appeared to know the music like the back of his hand.
I have actually just managed to catch the new video on kerrang TV (for my immortal) ben is still in the video but plays piano (and looks very depressed while doing it) and the new guitarist fella plays guitar at the end in the full band section. Im expecting that will be the last video that ben will do with the band and it was somewhat of a "departure" and final goodbye for him.
-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmeir
Quote:
...left the band, mid-tour,...
Looks great on a resume!!

Reliability: So-so.

Bwaha!
hehe
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 01:48 PM

I saw the London gig minus Ben and the show was great.

Great sound & lighting.

I'd agree with Jammy about Amy lee, most of the guys in the audience seemed pretty hooked on her too. She is a real rock chick on stage!

The other guitarist handled the gig without a problem.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant711UK
The other guitarist handled the gig without a problem.
I don't doubt it. Heck, I could pull it off, and I already play Line6

re: Amy Lee

My girlfriend and I both agree she's hot
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Banned

Anyone see them on the AMA's last night??

The guitar player seemed to do just fine.

It's not exactly Hendrix he was replacing.

What I don't understand about this band is that Amy Lee ( who I personally don't find even remotely cute, as she looks like a cashier at "Hot Topic" ) is trying to go for this Bjork, Icelandic look....

....And she's from Arkansas.

Everyone talks about how great her voice is, my favorite part is when she shut up.
Honestly, there was so much effects on her voice that any of our wives or girlfriends probably could have got up and sang the part.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

See if you can find a copy of the acoustic performance she and Ben did of "Going Under". No effects or anything on her voice.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarWizard
Anyone see them on the AMA's last night??

The guitar player seemed to do just fine.

It's not exactly Hendrix he was replacing.

What I don't understand about this band is that Amy Lee ( who I personally don't find even remotely cute, as she looks like a cashier at "Hot Topic" ) is trying to go for this Bjork, Icelandic look....

....And she's from Arkansas.

Everyone talks about how great her voice is, my favorite part is when she shut up.
Honestly, there was so much effects on her voice that any of our wives or girlfriends probably could have got up and sang the part.
So people who use guitar effects can't really play because it's all effects?

She can sing, and she's got a fairly unique sound to her voice. She may not be a supermodel, but she's at least fairly attractive. If being plastered all over the covers of magazines in underwear (A La Britney Spears) is what it takes to make it in the female vocalist world, and Amy Lee has done as well as she has with the band, then all the power to her. As for the so-called easily replaced band member who's "no Hendrix..." It takes a lot to get on stage and play for thousands of people. There's a thread on vai.com's forum about a guy named Steve Vai who replaced another guitarist in Whitesnake... His name isn't Hendrix... so I guess he isn't worth anything, nor is his playing ability.

For those of you less critical, here's a small gallery I found searching through google... I tried to find something more "Bjork" but there are no pictures of Amy Lee in a swan dress singing "Hyper Ballad." Sorry to dissappoint.

http://www.hotjokes4free.com/Amy%20Lee%20(Evanescence)/Galleries/index.htm
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Banned

So people who use guitar effects can't really play because it's all effects?

Its alot easier to hide the no talent of a singer (a la Britney Spears) behind computer generated vocal harmonizers.

All in All....yeah....I agree with that though.....I think Angus Young and Zakk Wylde are better players than those who hide behind a rack of gear.

She can sing, and she's got a fairly unique sound to her voice. She may not be a supermodel, but she's at least fairly attractive. If being plastered all over the covers of magazines in underwear (A La Britney Spears) is what it takes to make it in the female vocalist world, and Amy Lee has done as well as she has with the band, then all the power to her. As for the so-called easily replaced band member who's "no Hendrix..." It takes a lot to get on stage and play for thousands of people. There's a thread on vai.com's forum about a guy named Steve Vai who replaced another guitarist in Whitesnake... His name isn't Hendrix... so I guess he isn't worth anything, nor is his playing ability.

Fairly unique.....Hmmmm?? Somewhat true.
Not a supermodel.......VERY True.

Thats why I can't figure out why some of you boys have a load running down your leg when her name is mentioned.

Knightmeir, last time I checked Ben from Evanesance was NOT JOHN SYKES., who Vai replaced.

For those of you less critical, here's a small gallery I found searching through google... I tried to find something more "Bjork" but there are no pictures of Amy Lee in a swan dress singing "Hyper Ballad." Sorry to dissappoint.

Searching for galleries of homely Arkansas women??? Why??
If these boys want to yank their crank to a Bjork wannabe, they can probably locate the pictures.

Here's a gallery boys!!! I just broke into dad's Playboy stash!! Who wants to play salty cracker?????

http://www.hotjokes4free.com/Amy%20Lee%20(Evanescence)/Galleries/index.htm[/quote]
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 10:43 PM

Vai didnt replace John Sykes when he joined Whitesnake he replaced Vivian Campbell. Who along with Adrain Vandenberg,Rudy Sarzo, And Tommy Aldridge replaced the original members of Whitesnake when they went on tour for the album containing Still Of The Night
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 12:43 AM

Yeh Shes hot.

Homely is definately not a word i would use to describe her. And the guy Ben was a solid player, not a stunning soloist or anything but a SOLID player, nore than most people can say.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 04:55 AM
dex

Quote:
re: Amy Lee

My girlfriend and I both agree she's hot
She needs to lose 20lb and to smile more and then maybe I would find her remotely cute............maybe..............
People who like Pink and Amy Lee should go to their local Mall this Saturday and just look around.
If you fail to see at least 50 girls that are better looking than Amy - you need glasses.
She does sing better than Britney but absolutelly can't touch Christina.

Vai replaced John Sykes in Whitesnake.
John Sykes played all guitars on Whitesnake (1987) and Steve played all guitars on SOTT (1989).
Vivian Campbel only stayed with the band for one tour and never recorded anything with David Coverdale.
Neither did Adrian Vandenberg but for different reasons.

p.s. This new guitarist - isn't he the dude form 12 Stone something that was singing on the Falling Under video?

Last edited by dex; 06-16-2014 at 07:58 AM.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
p.s. This new guitarist - isn't he the dude form 12 Stone something that was singing on the Falling Under video?
You're thinking of "Bring Me To Life". There is no song called "Falling Under", but there is "Going Under", and it had no guest vocalists.

Is Paul McCoy of 12 Stones really the new guitarist for now?

I say for now because there's word that Wes Borland may join them, or at least produce their next album.

Tags
angus young , john sykes , kurt cobain , steve vai , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode