EVH Talks to Howard Stern - Page 4 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 AM

Re: EVH Talks to Howard Stern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
Stem cells can cure cancer? That sounds about as plausible as a metal pick held in one's mouth causing cancer.
Uh, a metal pick in one's mouth doesn't cause cancer. Unless it was radioactive metal.

I'm guessing that any *illegal* cure he got meant he got some drug(s) that are illegal here from some other country. That's not uncommon these days for cancer or AIDS patients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Not sure if anyone's interested, but I've heard rumours of a Fender EVH signature amp, and maybe a Fender/Charvel Wolfgang style guitar, to be released at NAMM, there's talk of a mid priced mexican one too; good news too me!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You mean Eddie wh0ring himself out yet *again*?!? Say it ain't so Ethel!

And who cares about a "Wolfgang"? Who is Wolfgang? Just another guitarist who can cover Eddies songs. I guess, sadly, Ed has to brag on Wolfie because he's done nothing notable for so long. On the other hand, maybe Wolfie will get a kick a$$ band going and turn out some hits like daddy did back in the day. Shoot, let Wolfie play Eddies parts and go on tour with Dave and Mike and any drummer. Wolfie could probably do them better than Eddie anyway.
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu1tar View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You mean Eddie wh0ring himself out yet *again*?!? Say it ain't so Ethel!

And who cares about a "Wolfgang"? Who is Wolfgang? Just another guitarist who can cover Eddies songs. I guess, sadly, Ed has to brag on Wolfie because he's done nothing notable for so long. On the other hand, maybe Wolfie will get a kick a$$ band going and turn out some hits like daddy did back in the day. Shoot, let Wolfie play Eddies parts and go on tour with Dave and Mike and any drummer. Wolfie could probably do them better than Eddie anyway.
Most of that's true, Eddie to me is turning into some sort of american Yngwie, great player but I can stand their attitude, nevertheless I though the gear news was intersesting.
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu1tar View Post
Uh, a metal pick in one's mouth doesn't cause cancer. Unless it was radioactive metal.
+1

Regards

André

post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:18 AM

post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:40 AM

so no one has seen the video with the 5150 III? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpACZS0vSO4
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan7620 View Post
so no one has seen the video with the 5150 III? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpACZS0vSO4
Seen it .

Regards

André

post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
Seen it .

Regards

André
so is it a fender or what? no other comments other than "seen it"?

i guess no one is that impressed. if it were a legacy II or a JSX II there'd be long detailed threads already
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 05:09 PM

I've been collecting famous players guitar picks for 17 years and I've met EVH quite a few times. I have collected around 50 different picks from him and none of them are metal. I think the metal pick thing is ludicrous. Of the times I met him he was cool early on and seemed to just turn into an ass later on. This is just my opinion based on my experiences (I'm a big VH fan)

Steve Clark from Def Leppard did play a steel pick 99% of the time and he definately died from drinking not the picks, I think EVH should lay of the smokes. He has the symptoms of depression, always putting people down and not trusting anyone but family........but then again I'm not Dr. Phil.
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
I've been collecting famous players guitar picks for 17 years and I've met EVH quite a few times. I have collected around 50 different picks from him and none of them are metal. I think the metal pick thing is ludicrous. Of the times I met him he was cool early on and seemed to just turn into an ass later on. This is just my opinion based on my experiences (I'm a big VH fan)

Steve Clark from Def Leppard did play a steel pick 99% of the time and he definately died from drinking not the picks, I think EVH should lay of the smokes. He has the symptoms of depression, always putting people down and not trusting anyone but family........but then again I'm not Dr. Phil.
He seems to be using an argument based on the "connection" between strong electric magnetic fields and cancer.

Regards

André

post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
He seems to be using an argument based on the "connection" between strong electric magnetic fields and cancer.

Regards

André
Ok in that case he is in mental trouble. The magnetic field would have to emit radiation, which it doesn't. He's grasping for straws on that one.

Anyways all of my EVH picks are celluloid. If he used them that much he would have had a metal pick with his name on it and there aren't any.

Def Leppard has been using metal picks since Pyromania and they have either had their names stamped or printed on the metal picks. As far as I know Phil Collen is fine!
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Def Leppard has been using metal picks since Pyromania and they have either had their names stamped or printed on the metal picks. As far as I know Phil Collen is fine!
Ed better call Phil then just in case .

Regards

André

post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
He has the symptoms of depression, always putting people down and not trusting anyone but family........but then again I'm not Dr. Phil.
now theres a dr phil episode i'd watch!

Tags
david lee roth , def leppard , eddie van halen , michael anthony , phil collen , string bass , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode