Free EP from Klaw - Old school-ish metal - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Free EP from Klaw - Old school-ish metal

I'd love to hear what you guys think about this EP! We recorded with Tad Doyle here in Seattle. Our style is kind of a mix of Iron Maiden & Clutch. You can get all 5 songs at http://feartheklaw.com . My personal favorite is called You Wear It Well, http://feartheklaw.com/doktorisout/Y...0It%20Well.mp3

I've been playing bass in this group for about a year and a half now. Right after we recorded this EP one of our guitar players quit so I might end up switching back to 6 strings anyways!

Love it or hate it, give me your thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Free EP from Klaw - Old school-ish metal

You Wear it Well isn't a bad song, but I don't like the singing much, nor how the guitar just kind of slooowly dies during the intro. I've never heard Clutch, but I actually hear a lot of punk influence in this song; parts of it reminded me of The Clash. Also I kept waiting for a guitar solo to take off in the latter half of the song, and when it finally happened it was pretty anticlimactic. There was enough feeling in what came before it to drive a solo a bit harder, I think.

I liked Alien Terrorform a good deal better, at least except for the hoarse rattly vocal bits.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Re: Free EP from Klaw - Old school-ish metal

Thanks a lot for the feedback, Steeler! I can really appreciate hearing what could be improved. This was a pretty quick and dirty (and relatively inexpensive) recording session so of course we hear a lot of things that we'd like to do better. Thanks for taking the time to listen. Rock on!

Tags
clutch , demo , sabbath

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode