Fret Reach - Page 5 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 07:08 AM

Reviews: 6
Re: Fret Reach

1-6 for me on the Fat E and thats playable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1299 View Post
try and do a hammer on then pulloff
Actually, I think I can. I'm sitting here without a guitar at the moment, but I was drinking with my roommates the other night and just playing some guitar licks in the background, and I started doing super-wide interval trills just to f*ck with them, lol. It wasn't a fast trill by any means, but I could get the notes to articulate. My stretching is gradually getting better.

The advantages of being able to do a 1h8 trill is not to actually do that trill, so muich, but rather because it makes it way easier to do a 1h7 trill if you practice the wider stretch. Besides, I sound nothing like the dude, but Rusty cooley is a huge influence of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarzan088 View Post
Thats a PGM300 right?
Actually, it's a beater UV7PWH. Look at the inlays and count the strings. It's seen better days, but it sounds and plays pretty amazingly.
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 AM

1-5 easy 1-6 tricky 1-7 buckeling noise 1-8 finally snaped it! im off down the hospital now, but dont think im finished..........im gonna come back a whoop you'al.... im gonna have my pinky set at a right angle!!!! bring it on!!!!
post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Omg I wish I had six fingers lol.
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2018 View Post

Tell them that if they had superior genetics, such as yourself, then they'd be able to reach the 7th fret too. I can reach it as well. I can also reach the 8th fret with my other hand.
thats cheating, i can touch the 24th with my other hand!

i cant really stretch properly from 1 to 6, when i try i cant get the notes clean
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyH View Post
Jimmyfingers, jwoods, MrCheese, same boat. 1-5 tops
Sort of the same. I routinely use the double-root-double-fifth chord. I can stretch to 1-6 but that's just physically possible, and not melodically useful for me at this point - and I'm 6'5! Odds are that the mutant stretchers on this board are shorter than me - I do wonder that their hands looks like in proportion to the rest of them.

Tags
fret neck , guitar playing , jim dunlop , lower strings , paul gilbert , rusty cooley , string skipping , whammy pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode