Fuel - Page 2 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
I gotta agree..... he needs to cut loose. I don't buy into the "their material just didn't call for it" line though. Heck, he needs to push the issue and get even a few licks in there. Even if it's just to follow or accent the vocal line. There's plenty of room for it. JMHO!
I'm on the same page. Fuel used to be a local/regional band from here. A couple years ago Carl was jamming on my PRS through a Vox Valvetronix and throwin down. I had no idea he could play stuff like that. But they were a cover band while trying to get their own material going many years ago, and they covered lot's of great music, which he HAD to be able to play. So there ya go. Most people don't really care about guitar solo's that much, mostly just us guitar hacks. We'd like to see more fingers flying around the fret board. But face it, that average person just doesn't care. And the average person is their market. And you don't have to worry about droppin notes if you're playing stuff that isn't at the edge of your ability. Which is what WE all do all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
I was never a fan myself, that guys voice is soo whiny and anoying.
My problem with them was their first single was sort of what you'd get if you took every post-grunge rock song, dumped them into a blender, hit "blend" for thirty seconds, and then served it up in a ****tail glass with like a little paper umbrella or something. "Generic" didn't do it justice.

That "...in my hands" tune that they released next was a hell of a lot better, but it sounded more like a great chorus sort of surgically attached to a verse rather than a whole song. There was no sense of "flow"... Really, I suspect it's the producer's fault, and that they didn't do anything to connect the two parts because they were concerned about making it fit into the acceptable length of a single...
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
My problem with them was their first single was sort of what you'd get if you took every post-grunge rock song, dumped them into a blender, hit "blend" for thirty seconds, and then served it up in a ****tail glass with like a little paper umbrella or something. "Generic" didn't do it justice.

That "...in my hands" tune that they released next was a hell of a lot better, but it sounded more like a great chorus sort of surgically attached to a verse rather than a whole song. There was no sense of "flow"... Really, I suspect it's the producer's fault, and that they didn't do anything to connect the two parts because they were concerned about making it fit into the acceptable length of a single...
Welcome to the world of record company's and producers with their hands in the pie. That Nothing Like Human went at least Double Platinum, possible Triple. Lot's of good material an there. Wont Back Down is still my favorite tune from it.

I'm going to see Fuel tonight in NJ, and ont he 6th and 7th in PA. Goin to be a great week.

Later, Darin
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 02:19 PM

i love music from a 2 z and i dont care what banner it falls under if its good its good, full stop. "in my hands" heomorage love lies bleeding was a great track as were most of the tracks on something like human. i also really like innocent, it was a great track. i really like their stuff i think if they got some air play over here, uk, people would know who they are, most dont and its a shame. gonna check out the new tunes now.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah. Saw Fuel last night in NJ. The new singer is great. He covers Brett's voice quite well. They only played the 2 new song you can hear online. He doesn't have the "magic" that Brett did on stage though. He's 'green' yet. He's new at being a front man, and for a rookie is darn good.

Here's a pic of Me hangin with the Jeff the bass player on the tour bus. They got a sweet ride there. That's my guitar playing daughter on the left and my son on the right.

Tags
fret board , guitar playing , pod pro , vox valvetronix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode