G3 Chicago - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

G3 Chicago

I'm going, my wife just bought me tickets. Who else is planning on going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 09:54 AM

Reviews: 1
My tix are on the way, ordered them as soon as the presale started.
Can't wait for this one !

Bamm
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 10:40 AM

Ordered my tix online yesterday!

Good Times,
Gregory J. Olsen
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

I wasn't going to go, but she surprised me with the tix, so I'm excited. It should be cool to see the end jams with the three of them.

I still wish it had been PG as the Three.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 11:43 PM

Reviews: 4
I'll be there. Front row, baby!! Bet on it! I can't wait, maybe this time I can actually manage to meet Satch.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 08:50 AM

Welp, I will probably wear a Jemsite swirly T to identify myself, so if you see me, feel free to say hello.

Bamm

Jemsite: Chicago Chapter
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm
Welp, I will probably wear a Jemsite swirly T to identify myself, so if you see me, feel free to say hello.

Bamm
I'll be wearing my Evanescence T Shirt. Probably the only one there with one on!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 06:30 PM

Reviews: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm

Bamm
Me too. Puke green swirl it is!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 09:15 AM

After all the reviews I've read, I'm very excited about tonight's show, can't wait !

See you guys there !

Bamm
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 09:14 AM

How was the show ? Do someone remember the songs that our 3 fav played together ? ... Question asked as it is unlikely that they come to Europe. Thanks.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:23 AM

The show was absolutely awesome, I kept marvelling throughout thinking, right now, theres Yngwie, Steve, Joe, Tony MacAlpine, and Billy, all on the same stage, ripping it up and looking like their having fun.

I am an Yngwie fan and have been forever so seeing him even this late in the game was still a thrill to me. It did seem that he wasn't quite used to sharing the spotlight and was more or less waiting for his turn while the others did their thing. During the jam Yngwie would after his solo, he'd walk over to the side of the stage and he almost looked like he was about to molest the help at any given moment.

Anyway, Yngwie was every bit himself and all you've ever seen in videos etc, guitar swinging, shredding, blazing wide vibrato and juct kicked some serious ass.

Steve opened with the triple neck and had a 12 string on the top a 6 or 7 on the middle with a sustainor system and a 6 tuned to a chord on the bottom. He just walked out more or less unannounced and unexpected wit the house lights mostly on. He sat down a just started jamming. It was VERY cool and toward the end, Dave joined in on the 12 string neck playing chords through the eventide rig and then playing a lead run on the sustainor neck. Just a wicked sound and very kelw portion of the show, very personable on the mic and he just seemed like he was having a great time being there. He'd mentioned that he'd 1st been at the venue 23 years ago with Zappa and he'd always had fond memories of Chicago.

Satch was himself and didn't do much that I haven't seen him do, he was very locked in to his routine and I wish he would venture out of his comfort zone a tad more, maybe take a freeform jam for a few minutes or something. Not to mention not having Stu Hamm on tour, made for a less energetic show.

THE JAM:
only 3 songs which have all been mentioned b4, Yngwie leading off with Voodoo Chile, vai opening up with little wing and satch doing Rocking in the free world. Voodoo chile was kewl, but Little wing was awesome when all 3 guys synced up on the lead, then harmonized a lead together, it was very satisfying to hear and see them gel together in that way.

All in all, I hope I can catch them on another leg of this tour, I would see it all again in a heartbeat.

A great night of watching my favorite players all doing what they do best.

Bamm
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 06:00 AM

Thanks Bamm. Almost (but not completely) felt as if I had been part of the audience. You are really privilegied in the US . Maybe someday the 3 will decide to tour in Europe but as far as I remember Joe was reluctant to that in consideration with SRAS and flight overseas travels. Hope they'll all change their mind.

Tags
stu hamm , tony macalpine , triple neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode