G3 guys on ROckline tonight (in Tri-state NY, anyway) - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

G3 guys on ROckline tonight (in Tri-state NY, anyway)

11:30pm on Q104.3

I will try to tape it for youse

Check local listings!
~Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 08:23 PM
MM

Indeed!

Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen will be on ROCKLINE tonight, October 1st, at 8:30 PST to talk about the upcoming G3 Tour.

To find the local affiliate in your area that airs the show, click here. You can also listen live online! Click here and scroll down the page to the listing for KSAN FM - 107.7. The stream is presented in Windows Media Player. Steve, Joe and Yngwie will also be taking your calls on 1-800-344-ROCK.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 10:04 PM

thanks for the heads up guys
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Mikey...will there be video on the webcast?
and will the audio/video be available online anywhere afterwards?
~K
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 11:37 PM

Listening to it right now...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

DRAT!

Q104 is playing a Bruce Springsteen After-concert special and pre-empting rockline. I missed the first 15-20 minutes, but i brought a tape deck downstairs (by the computers) and I'm taping from the 'net about 20 minutes in. They were in commercial break when i started. Hopefully they played most of the Fire Garden suite at the beginning, so i didn't miss much.

Fat chance, probably. If anyone wants to clue me in on what happened, please do. thanks.
~K

PS Yngwie is going to sound like Ozzy in about 20 years.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 08:49 AM

Joe announced that they will be filming a G3 show for future DVD release (I think he said it will be the Filmore show)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 10:03 AM

Well, I managed to miss 75%. It wasn't ALL my fault. According to the website, it looks like it re-airs on certain stations on Monday so I'll try again.

Did Yngwie say whether he'll have a singer with him on the G3 tour?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 10:26 AM

Don't know, he might have but i missed it...

He did say though that he will not have a setlist, and will surprise the audience and his band with different choice of songs every night...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo de Dios
Joe announced that they will be filming a G3 show for future DVD release (I think he said it will be the Filmore show)
I know he said Denver and a few other shows - i don't remember exactly. He did say they have a good budget and it's going to be an 8-camera shoot! That's very cool.

I'm still listening to the tape at my leisure.

Yngwie's music is still the same pile of rubbish it was 15 years ago when i first heard him. blech blech blech. I don't understand the appeal. His set is going to be one long beer break for me, I think...and considering the prices i paid for the tix, I better start saving now for the beer.

More as I progress thru the interview. If I have a chance I'll make some mp3s from the interview.

~K
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Listened to another bunch of answers. Yngwie sounds like such a fnckin' idiot.

Then he goes on to list early Genesis as an infulence...as a longtime Genesis fan, i nearly puked when i heard that. Then they played one of yngwie's new songs. Meeeedly meeedly over and over and over and over........

what's the appeal there? i don't get it.
~K
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 08:00 PM

I didn't hear the interview...but I can imagine:

Interviewer: Joe, what made you want to put these 3 guys on the bill?
Joe: I've just always respected these guys so much, we've always wanted to do it, but schedules conflicted.
Steve: Last time we were close, but I was clensing my body through weeks of fasting and through Arabic chants I learned from Madagascar tribesmen.
Yngwie: I'm so awesome, I was in Europe last summer playing this thing I invented called the guitar. I realized I was god to these people, and someone said. "Why don't you go be god in America too". I thought to me self, "Yeah...god in America would be goood". So here I am. They are building a church for me down the street.
Interviewer: So, in what order will you come out on stage?
Joe: It doesn't really matter to me, I'll open, I'll close...whatever.
Steve: That depends on if Jupiter has tilted its axis perpendicular to its 19th moon. I will pray to my lord Alshebob for guidance.
Yngwie: Since I am headlining the show "G3 featuring Yngwie J Malmsteen" will be in lights. If there is room.... we may be able to mention Joe and Steve's name on the tickets, but certainly not on my t-shirts or on my dvd. I advise many of my worshippers to strap on diapers before they get to my show....as you will fill your pants with dump load, before me's through the first song.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 11:36 PM

When asked about improvisation, YJM said "every note will be improvised." Interesting indeed! I for one can't wait to see all three - especially how they interact for the finale. Steve said something about really having to listen and the effort it takes to blend in to what everyone else is playing. Yngwie will either do it perfectly, or not at all, which will be awkward but hopefully laughable.

I bet the behind-the-scenes stuff on this tour will be an absolute riot, assuming that Yngwie doesn't get something spilled on his shirt and go ballistic and quit. Rockline was really funny - did anyone catch the intro when the host Bob introduced himself and Yngwie said "Did you bring your tools Bob?" Do you think he meant Bob the Builder the kids' cartoon?!?

Chris

Tags
fire garden , joe satriani , steve vai , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode