G3 in Toronto - Post if you're going - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

G3 in Toronto - Post if you're going

I've got my ticket for the Toronto show, and was wondering if anyone else is going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 01:38 PM

G3 in Toronto

In 6.5 hours :rotf:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

G3 in Toronto

The show is over now. *But what a show. *Three words really... what the ****! *
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 11:17 PM

G3 in Toronto

I was there!!! I was one of the 2 kids with the shaved head and sunglasses. Guess who my fave is?! HAHA!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2001, 10:20 AM

G3 in Toronto

i think I saw a kid with a shaved head and an Ibanez guitar case outside by the stage door after the show
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 05:13 PM

G3 in Toronto

dude! you were one of the "JS Clones"???!!

I was sitting to your right on the first balcony and my and my little bro were watching the both of you and saying "man, those are some obsessed fans!" lol!!! didn't you run right up to the stage when the concert was over?

i went absolutely insane during the concert and during one of the slower songs of steve's set (either FTLOG or whispering a prayer, or maybe the beginning of incantation) when noone was making a noise i got up in a case of sheer insanity and screamed my head off, waving my arms all over the place (i couldn't believe i was actually seeing steve vai) which prompted old vai to look over at me and acknowledge my teenage burst of hormones and disbelief... i immediately collapsed into my seat, grabbing my little bro (he's 15, i'm 17) and screaming "steve looked at me!!!"

LOL!!! i know!!! SAD AND PATHETIC!!! but it happened maybe 3 times during the concert... another instance was during The Animal (i think, its all hazy to me lol) where steve came right up to our balcony and we were CLOSE!!! i could've jumped onto the stage relatively easily... and i went crazy enough for steve to notice me and point at me... at that instant i went insane even more...

lol i know i've heard of 13 year girls at Nsync concerts acting more mature (and i'm a 17 year old guy who's now in university, go figure) but what the hell i had fun, and it was a great concert...

memories for life
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 06:41 PM

G3 in Toronto

it's always ok to get a little crazy lol! Kinda brings me back to the memories of me seeing Slash last year at the AC/DC show...but that's another story. To say the least, AC/DC fans kinda stayed away from me throughout the set...:loco:

I thought the show was fantastic too!!I mean, the moment Steve came onstage and hit those first notes, my jaw hit the floor!!! I sat there with my eyes *w i d e *open through the entire set. It would help if I knew the songs (i was really new to Vai)...but I managed to get the setlist with POSSIBLY Steve's footprint on it(i just hope it wasn't some crew guy's who tapes the cables to the stage) and got 3 Steve's autographs!!

Tags
steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode