Get With It - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Get With It

Something I put together (different key changes with rhythm mixed with lead)... testing out the Eleven Rack unit (Soldano amp selection). It has more 'sparkle' and clearer tones than my Boss GT-Pro. Get With It is the top song on my page:

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandfusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 10:03 PM

Re: Get With It

Sounds great... Maybe I should have saved a bit more money and bought the 11R! Do you find the input sensitive to little touches, like they say it is?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 10:56 PM

Thumbs up Re: Get With It

Nice! Great chops logicbdj! I gave a listen to the first five songs... very Satriani-esque!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I really don't find it is more touch sensitive than my Boss unit, and I found I had to pick a few extra notes to make them sound more vibrant (as opposed to just hammering on and off with my Boss). But the QUALITY of the sound is higher... not so nasally, if you know what I mean. I find the sound more vibrant and sparkly. However, that may be the case with any new technology vs. my older Boss unit.

FYI... I'm unable to connect the 11R to my computer in order to use the editor or to download patches. I've had a number of people help me with the issue, with no luck. No one can discover the problem. When I attach the unit via USB it locks up the 11R... no sound. I can turn the unit on and off repeatedly (while USB unplugged) and nothing... I have to reset to factory settings in order for the sound to come back (and lose my custom patches in the process). I'm not looking for help at this point, but thought I would point it out to others interested in this unit. I have the money for a Fractal and I'm contemplating that. However, with me being a frig-around-musician at home, I'm not sure I can warrant the cost.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the feedback on the 11R. Too bad about the issues, becasue it does have a good sound. I know what you mean, I think... what you call "nasaly" is the same thing I call "fizzy". Seems like anything I tried to record through my cheap interface got fizzy with any amount of gain.

I ended up going with the Boss ME-80 and so far it has been good... good enough for a "frig around musician" like I am too.

Best of luck on sorting out your interface issues. Looking forward to hearing more from you and the 11R!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

It's not so much fizzy at my end, although sometimes you get that 'fuzz' sound from the simulators. Rather, it's like listening to something under water vs. above water... like a blanket is over the speakers vs. off the speakers. Slight muddiness over clarity.

Maybe it's just my investigation, but it seems the 11R is well liked because of the quality of sound, but it has far more issues than any other device in terms of things going wrong with it (viz., communication with other hardware or software). The original owner claimed he had no problems, but he also ran a mac (and maybe he was lying, which is why he sold it... who knows?).

Tags
carvin dc800 , eleven rack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode