A Good Day At Work (Satch content) - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

A Good Day At Work (Satch content)

We had a couple of very special guests visit us at work yesterday!

I think they had a good time - we made it to Joe's twitter page.

https://twitter.com/chickenfootjoe/s...21154724618240

He signed my guitar...

http://s153.photobucket.com/user/noi...20Satch?sort=2

and a couple of us went to see him tonight in Sydney. Killer gig! Thanks for coming to see us Joe!

Last edited by GoodVaibes; 11-06-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 10:03 AM

Re: A Good Day At Work (Satch content)

Very cool!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

http://s153.photobucket.com/user/noi...tml?sort=2&o=4

This is when he said, "Actually, can I see how it is? (strum, strum, a few notes). Oh man, that's pretty good!".

Talk about making my day!

Last edited by GoodVaibes; 11-06-2014 at 11:19 AM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:43 AM

I love signed guitars.

There's a good and bad to that. The great thing is that you have something that is in a very rare supply, especially after any musician is not touring or with us anymore. The bad thing is that if you realize just how hard it is to some by a signed guitar, then you don't play it and the guitar gets permanently retired even though there's a lot of life still on it.

There's only one surviving guitar, a Rickenbacker, that is signed by all four Beatles. The signatures may have only doubled the price of the guitar then, but today it's priceless and far beyond the price of a used Rickenbacker without signature. Too many signed guitars end up getting played and the signatures wear off.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVaibes View Post
http://s153.photobucket.com/user/noi...tml?sort=2&o=4

This is when he said, "Actually, can I see how it is? (strum, strum, a few notes). Oh man, that's pretty good!".

Talk about making my day!
How cool is that!! Once in a lifetime... Congrats!!

Glad you got to see him perform too... Mind blowing to watch him do his thing!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 01:38 PM

Reviews: 10

you are on tour with cirque? That is so amazing and awesome you got to meet Joe and he signed your guitar!!! Maybe tell us a bit more about how it happened?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
you are on tour with cirque? That is so amazing and awesome you got to meet Joe and he signed your guitar!!! Maybe tell us a bit more about how it happened?
Yeah, I mixed the show for him that night. I think someone in his management knows someone in our management and they got wind that he was going to come to the show anyway so he ended up being invited. I didn't know he was coming before that morning and happened to have my favourite playing Ibanez with me (my RG570PN) at work. He is such a lovely, down-to-earth guy. In fact he was quite happy to hang around - I think he was pretty much dragged away by his friends in the end.

I should mention the second special guest as being Mike Keneally who is Satriani's keys and second guitar player. The guy is really a stunning musician. He's the guy you see playing live with Steve Vai back in the PAW days - no mean feat! I believe he's played with Frank Zappa and no doubt a heap of other top notch musicians. I should have got him to sign my guitar too! Our little work band opened for Mike a year or two ago because he was doing a small gig with our then drummer and guitarist from the show. It was our first and only gig so far. I didn't know who he was then - now I do ha-ha-ha!

We've had a few famous musicians come by, some come and say hello, some like to be low key. In any case my two favourite musician visits were Joe here in Sydney and Bill & Brann from Mastodon in Atlanta. Sometimes my job does not suck!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
I love signed guitars.

There's a good and bad to that. The great thing is that you have something that is in a very rare supply, especially after any musician is not touring or with us anymore. The bad thing is that if you realize just how hard it is to some by a signed guitar, then you don't play it and the guitar gets permanently retired even though there's a lot of life still on it.

There's only one surviving guitar, a Rickenbacker, that is signed by all four Beatles. The signatures may have only doubled the price of the guitar then, but today it's priceless and far beyond the price of a used Rickenbacker without signature. Too many signed guitars end up getting played and the signatures wear off.
Yeah man, I don't mind a signed guitar either. Satch was my Ibanez hat-trick - I am lucky enough to have a LNG, and PGM90thHAM signed and caricatured by Paul and now my purple 570. Weirdly I also found an Epiphone SG here in Sydney signed by Bill Kelliher of Mastodon. I couldn't believe it. Two in one city! I do play all of them though since they are all players grade guitars. I just look after them very well. That's the beauty of a players guitar - you can play 'em!

Tags
australia , satch , satriani , signed , tour

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode