Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Guitar Center vid

Tags
mesa amps
2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  AmazinAzian12 
#1 ·
We don't have the guitar Center chain over here in the UK yet the stores are often mentioned on guitar forums. For those of you who have not been they kindly made this promotional video -

#2 ·
Funny video, but I don't know...This doesn't seem like any of the guitar centers I've been into (Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock). Sure, their selection isn't that great all the time, but they don't act like that in any ways. If anything, it's the complete opposite. They tell anyone that he/she is a great player just to make the sale, even if they suck.

#3 ·
Ben you utter bast**d - I just pissed my pants because of you...

"we aim to make you feel like a piece of dogsh1t" :lol: :lol:

but as we all know - this method of making the customer feel musically inferior isnt reserved only for guitar centre salesman..... just go down denmark street ;)

#4 ·
^ The whole time I was watching this vid I was thinking of Denmark Street ;)

I love to go in those shops and have them act like that while I'm enquiring about stuff because as soon as a play it there's always a sharp u-turn in customer service levels and suddenly they're acting like my best freind.

#6 ·
This is awesome. I cant think of a worst place to shop than Guitar Center. The only time i enter a guitar center is when I need to try some gear, or i for some reason need emergency strings/cables. Every person ive ever met working in a guitar center (probably have been to about 10 of them) had dollar signs in their eyes. One guy gave me a whopping 5 seconds to try out this Jackson before he came up to me and told me how awesome i sounded with it and how i should definitely buy it. Its just like...can i maybe TRY the guitar in peace?

#8 ·
Well yeah cuz the point is to sell the product. I went to one guitar center, and ill never forget this, watched a sales guy plug a squier strat into a dual recti and of course the kid was like "oh man it sounds amazing" and just bought the guitar. I caught up with the kid and showed him how many much better instruments could be had for the nearly-200 bucks he spent. I wouldnt have a problem with GC selling Squires at all if they didnt plug them into 3000 dollar Mesa amps to demo them for customers.

#12 ·
Some of the people that work at the GC where i live have no knowledge of guitars whatsoever. it angers me to ask where something is and they have no idea what im talking about!!! there is like one person there that is actually helpful. thats it. But sam ash, yea thats what this video is about. how they tell you "oh you dont want this" and he goes and shoves a marshall full stack in your face. Or when i want to play a jem, they are like "oh, we only get those guitars down if your willing to buy it, sorry" what chodes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.