Guitar Institute in London - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Guitar Institute in London

Hey, im not sure if his is the right forum for this topic but it is indirectly related to learning i suppose. I was wondering if anyone on here was goin to the institute in october for the one year diploma. Im from N. Ireland in so I will know absolutely no-one. I am hoping that this wilol led me to the degree the year after.
Does anyone have any similar plans?

Ps Trying to find an affordable place to stay is ****in impossible!!! My mum is taken a loan on for the first year but i will definitely need to find a part-time job (
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 03:47 PM

try and get a job in marks and spencer, on sundays + overtime they pay really well.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 03:21 PM

e mail and ask to him : [email protected] he's turkish and he might have good idea coz he gratuated that school. Good luck
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 06:40 PM

Re: Guitar Institute in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head
Ps Trying to find an affordable place to stay is ****** impossible!!!
thats london for you......
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:41 PM

Hey Dude!!! I'm currently at the guitar institute in london. I'm doing the degree at the moment, just about to start my second year. it's an awesome place!!! Absolutely great! Got any questions related to it???
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 08:49 AM

What's the course layout like? And the standard of work?

I'm also wondering what the degree is "worth", I'm considering going to acm or GI, but also thinking of studying music somewhere else...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 02:51 PM

Dont really want to start a seperate thread so ill ask in here.

Any of you guys know what BIMM is meant to be like? I know theres some pretty sweet teachers there, Phil Hillborne/Guthrie etc but any info on what the place is actually like would be cool
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Hey Guys.
I have decided to try and bypass the diploma and not go this year. I wasn't entirely sure it was the rite move. Im goin to try and gain as much musical knowledge and qualifications as I can over the year and maybe try and go for the degree. Im on a gap year so it will be either GI or some Computer Science degree!!! Its actually hard to decide when you consider the chances of making good money from music are near impossible.

How talented must you be to study for the degree. Are the required grades of theory and performance to be reached before acceptance?

Take it easy
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 09:55 AM

Yeah im thinking the same thing. Im looking to go to BIMM, but im not quite sure about going straight after i leave school. I might do a year or two at my local college and do music and somthing else. (Whilst getting a load of fresh college pu*** ) Then go to BIMM after and taking with me a lot of knowledge and skill and hopefully doing a degree there.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 01:45 PM

Ditto sammy boy , but with GIT , not BIMM
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 03:19 PM

lol. Yeah, you couldnt handle it down here at BIMM mate Leave that to the pros
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 06:00 PM

I went down to the London guitar exhibition and did a assesment and the guy said that I should join their top group (1 year diploma)...

i consequently dropped my as levels, which were making me miserable anyhoo... I'm now working full time to fund myself to get down there...

so go on... spill the beans over this magical place

kev
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 06:19 PM

London guitar exhibition , not heard of it , who teachers there ?
Anton
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 07:52 PM

Ben, are you thinking of taking a gap year between college and GIT? If you didnt we would be in the same class (if I go there over other places).
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:03 PM

hey, i'm thinking of taking a year or two out of my multimedia course in order to do music. can anyone let me know what the diploma at ACM is like, as i heard it is a bit basic?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode