Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Guitar Rising game to learn playing a real guitar

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  newbieguitarmaker 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This game will not be popular because it will require it's user to actually learn to do something that is useful in reality...:roll:

Awesome concept...I love the idea. :D

I just hope it's as cool in person, as in the demo.

This is the kind of game guitar based bands should get behind!

There could be a blues version, a rock version, a country version, and a combined version. Hit all the demographics...

#4 ·
the learning curve might be too steep for newbies, and you need a real guitar of course. But I find it cool to have a real learning tool it in a competitive attractive gamy environment like this one. Hopefully they get enough licenses to expand their track list. Singstar on the other hand is a great succes! You get pretty decent mics along with the game if you buy the full package. They already have 10+ expansion CD's even with regional stuff.

#12 ·
I guess something like that. Singstar does realtime analysis of voice frequency to check if you're singing correctly, couldn't see why it wouldn't be possible for guitars. Chords would probably be a bit more tricky and need some extra unraveling of mixed frequencies. I don't know if they plan to pack it with a low latency USB interface or something, otherwise latency might be a problem. And having your guitar in tune wouldn't hurt the scores I'm sure ;)

#13 ·
if you read the stuff below the video on the page the OP posted it says they are going to use either usb, mic, or directly into the soundcard. I am going to guess they will use usb since everyone has a pc that has usb ports and a mic seems out of the question and some ppl don't have very good soundcards that would probably work well with this program

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.