Guitar Rising game to learn playing a real guitar - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Guitar Rising game to learn playing a real guitar

Dang, from the moment I got playing Guitar hero, this is in fact what I've been waiting for, It's like Singstar but for guitars, cool huh ??!

check it:
http://gizmodo.com/352800/guitar-ris...-guitar-heroes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:42 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Guitar Rising game to learn playing a real guitar

This game will not be popular because it will require it's user to actually learn to do something that is useful in reality...

Awesome concept...I love the idea.

I just hope it's as cool in person, as in the demo.

This is the kind of game guitar based bands should get behind!

There could be a blues version, a rock version, a country version, and a combined version. Hit all the demographics...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 AM

Re: Guitar Rising game to learn playing a real guitar

I like the idea....but I would rather just play guitar with guitar pro.

It's gonna turn guitar playing even more competitive with all the silly youtubers

Can't see it being as successfull as Guitar Hero though.

-Sean
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

the learning curve might be too steep for newbies, and you need a real guitar of course. But I find it cool to have a real learning tool it in a competitive attractive gamy environment like this one. Hopefully they get enough licenses to expand their track list. Singstar on the other hand is a great succes! You get pretty decent mics along with the game if you buy the full package. They already have 10+ expansion CD's even with regional stuff.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Guitar Rising game to learn playing a real guitar

but the thing that is excellent for a beginner, they have a cool game to accompany their lessons... I think that would go a long way in keeping kids excited about playing and maybe have fewer kids lose interest so soon
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 03:17 PM

hey, now I can beat my friend at a game of guitar, he always beats me at guitar hero and I beat him at real guitar
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 04:14 PM

I HATE guitar hero, so I'd love to see this hit the market a.s.a.p!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM

If this is a transition for people who love guitar hero to start playing real guitar, I'm all for it.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 09:53 PM

It teaches you in tab? That's crap. Imagine how good a Sight reading GH would be. I bet it would actually be popular and great practice.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 02:06 PM

i cant see how this would work without some sort of midi p/up interface
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectjem View Post
i cant see how this would work without some sort of midi p/up interface
maybe it checks if it is the same note played, but you'd definitely have to be in tune to play it, hah
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

I guess something like that. Singstar does realtime analysis of voice frequency to check if you're singing correctly, couldn't see why it wouldn't be possible for guitars. Chords would probably be a bit more tricky and need some extra unraveling of mixed frequencies. I don't know if they plan to pack it with a low latency USB interface or something, otherwise latency might be a problem. And having your guitar in tune wouldn't hurt the scores I'm sure
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmike View Post
I guess something like that. Singstar does realtime analysis of voice frequency to check if you're singing correctly, couldn't see why it wouldn't be possible for guitars. Chords would probably be a bit more tricky and need some extra unraveling of mixed frequencies. I don't know if they plan to pack it with a low latency USB interface or something, otherwise latency might be a problem. And having your guitar in tune wouldn't hurt the scores I'm sure
if you read the stuff below the video on the page the OP posted it says they are going to use either usb, mic, or directly into the soundcard. I am going to guess they will use usb since everyone has a pc that has usb ports and a mic seems out of the question and some ppl don't have very good soundcards that would probably work well with this program

Tags
guitar playing , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode