GuitarPro download site shutdown? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

GuitarPro download site shutdown?

www.mysongbook.com
GuitarPro files available for free download. As of this evening, every time I try to pull up the site I get the "Page cannot be displayed" error. I'm wondering if this is temporary or something similar to what happened with the Powertab site?
Doesn't look good right now.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 11:43 PM

Re: GuitarPro download site shutdown?

it happens from time to time caz too mnay people go there...so jsut try again later
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 03:08 PM

Re: GuitarPro download site shutdown?

Yeah, it still works. There server gets really bogged down sometimes. I took precautions after powertab went down and went through every page of the guitar pro tabs and got everything I might even consider wanting someday. It took a lot of time with checking the ratings and everything. One thing you always should do with those tabs is check the comments. There are a lot of strange people that use that site to download the tabs just to listen to. Why anyone would want to download midi versions to sit around and listen to is beyond me but they do... and some of them will give tabs 5-star ratings if it sounds good as a midi even if it's not accurate. A lot of times you'll see a tab with 5 stars and when you check the comments it will have 2 or 3 people saying "this isn't accurate at all" and a whole pile of people saying "So what, it sounds really good when you play it". Then you'll check a 3 star tab of the same song and it will have people saying "this is the most accurate tab of this song anywhere" and several people giving it one star because it doesn't have a pan-flute vocal added or something. Anyway, didn't mean to ramble on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode