Guitars lost in disasters?? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Guitars lost in disasters??

While watching the news on the Cal, wildfires (I hope none of you Jemsiters are effected by this) I was wondering how many of us lost guitars in such natural disasters.(tornado/flood/fire, etc) Again, God bless any of you that lost your home or loved one in these fires........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 01:50 PM

If memory serves, didn't we have a Jemsite member relocate to the San Diego area? Thank for reminding us, Bob, that our prayers should be with all of those folks out there!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 10:51 PM

I remember reading somewhere on Jemsite that there are two less PMCs (or maybe it was GMCs) currently in existance than were originally made. I'm sure there are interesting stories behind those.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

I didn't here about the 2 less PMC stories...............
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 11:30 PM

I just did some digging around and Vwall said it on the Ibanez Register website.

Quote:
This Ibanez Multi color Jem PMC is the most sought after, limited run of the multi color swirls made by Darren at ATD. The production number is a staggering low count of 271 less the two I personally know of that have been destroyed making an actual 269 or less in the world.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 10:03 AM

I have a jem sk that Joe Despagni modified. Believe me, it was a disaster. Fortunately I got it dirt cheap, and it's currently being restored to somewhat playable condition.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwalsh
I have a jem sk that Joe Despagni modified. Believe me, it was a disaster.
Hahahaha. I hope Glen reads that, I'm sure he'll get a laugh.

Tags
jem pmc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode