Guthrie Govan - Page 2 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Dee

Re: Guthrie Govan

STOP IT!

What's annoying is I almost had an endorsement kinda deal with Cornford at the end of 2006. I could have had a major discount on their stuff but the band I was joining didn't come off. Grrr.... I had a big list of stuff to buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up Re: Guthrie Govan

Mr Govan is very good!!! I love just about everything he does!!!
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM

Another fan of Guthrie Love the guy's tone, plus the guy's an awesome player.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 11:04 PM

I think Guthrie is just amazing, and he seems to be continually getting better, which is frightening to say the least...

but also inspires me to keep practicing

peace
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Dee

I wonder if the G man's got another album in the works at any time soon? Seems like ages since Erotic Cakes came out.
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I wonder if the G man's got another album in the works at any time soon? Seems like ages since Erotic Cakes came out.
August 2006 was the official release. I am still waiting for Paul to ship the CD Erotic Cakes to me... Man, i never met anyone who workes THAT slow.

I would love to hear new tunes also. I am very glad with youtube during that wait.
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Dee

You are still waiting? LMAO! No way? I thought I was unlucky having to wait a week!

So it was only August 2006? Wow. Feels like longer.
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
You are still waiting? LMAO! No way? I thought I was unlucky having to wait a week!

So it was only August 2006? Wow. Feels like longer.
I ordered the CD over a month ago. I have the CD on my IPOD for ages now, but i wanted the original to support the artist and let's face it. It's just cool to have original CD's

Anyway, Paul is just a "tad" slower than most businesses. I think i will get the CD, just not before 2009 though
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Banned

Best guitarist in the world in my opinion. He seems to possess limitless ability, and has tone to absolutely die for.

He and his brother actually went to the same school that I did . They live about 20 miles away from me and are friends with my cousin, and for some reason I still haven't been to one of their fortnightly gigs :S. I walked past him a couple of times when I was last home in December/January.

Last edited by dannymills; 03-08-2008 at 09:12 AM.
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 AM

I would love to order a cd of his. 1. Can someone reccomend one. I really like his Jazz Fusion playing like the above link. 2. I linky to a home page of his would be nice.
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Best guitarist in the world in my opinion. He seems to possess limitless ability, and has tone to absolutely die for.

He and his brother actually went to the same school that I did . They live about 20 miles away from me and are friends with my cousin, and for some reason I still haven't been to one of their fortnightly gigs :S. I walked past him a couple of times when I was last home in December/January.
Man, i would totally go those gigs. I envy you that you live so close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I would love to order a cd of his. 1. Can someone reccomend one. I really like his Jazz Fusion playing like the above link. 2. I linky to a home page of his would be nice.
You can order the solo album "Erotic Cakes" directly from Cornford Records.

http://www.cornfordrecords.com/index.php

It can take a while though. I haven't received my CD yet, but i'm sure i will. I'm sometimes inpatient

In my opinion Erotic Cakes is one of the best albums since Passion & Warfare so be carefull.. You might have GAS attacks ( cough * Suhr * cough cough )and a new hero
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:20 AM

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Cornford got broken into and had several thousand copies of Erotic Cakes nicked along with other items...

perhaps that's the cause of the delay?
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
I ordered the CD over a month ago. I have the CD on my IPOD for ages now, but i wanted the original to support the artist and let's face it. It's just cool to have original CD's

Anyway, Paul is just a "tad" slower than most businesses. I think i will get the CD, just not before 2009 though
Oh right, I thought you meant you'd ordered it when it came out! LOL.
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaKing View Post
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Cornford got broken into and had several thousand copies of Erotic Cakes nicked along with other items...

perhaps that's the cause of the delay?
That was AAAAAGES ago man. 2006.
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:57 AM

I really like Guthrie Govan, but I actually prefer some of the stuff he's done on those bluesjam backingtracks to the Erotic Cakes album. To me he suffers from the same 'problem' as Vai... too idiosyncratic/experimental when composing his own tracks.

Tags
andy timmons , george benson , guitar playing , guthrie govan , joe satriani , larry carlton , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , steve vai , suhr standard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode