high school talent show - Page 4 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 12:03 AM

Re: high school talent show

Play some Guthire Govan stuff! It's fun and sounds killer. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 05:49 AM

Reviews: 1

Just last year I did a rendition of the Halo Guitar Theme that Steve Vai played.

The students loved it, some because they were Halo buffs and recognised the song, others were fans of Vai, and the rest just liked the soloing.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 07:32 PM

Reviews: 13

bump! I did an imporvised super colossal last year (freshman year) and literally blew minds. my band nailed it, and since then im that kid that everyone knows can tear the roof off of an auditorium when i want to )))
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 PM

Die To Live..

easy(as far as Via goes) and sounds impressive.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM

play hog bitch stomp my buckethead haha
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

haha didn't know that anyone had posted on this thread recently. it has been a few years, seeing as how i graduated 6 years ago and never posted anything about it. I auditioned SRV's "Lenny" and didn't get in sadly. I played it alone and it was probably the worst decision I could have made but doesn't really matter now.

Tags
andy timmons , backing track , david mccarroll , electric guitar , eric johnson , guitar playing , paul gilbert , satch boogie , stanley jordan , steve vai , van halen , whammy pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode