How do i play at Jemfest? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

How do i play at Jemfest?

Hi guys!
I'm just having a look at the jemfest.com , and it looks great fun. I have a few questions to ask ?

a)how old do you have to be ?
b)do you have to play original stuff ?
c)do you have to be SH*T hot ?

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 10:35 AM

Re: How do i play in the Jemfest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Hi guys!
I'm just having a look at the jemfest.com , and it looks great fun. I have a few questions to ask ?

We have a little stand-up of Glen that says, "You must be *this tall* to ride this ride". :-)
There's no age limit to attend Jemfest, but there are some age restrictions at the OTHER places we go during the weekend. Right, Gabe? LOL
Quote:
Nah, but originals score more points with the organizers.
Quote:
It doesn't hurt. LOL We get so much material each year from artists wanting to play (This year, we got over 70 requests!), the three of us sit down, in different states, and try to pick what will work best with the upcoming event. We've had straight-ahead rockers, mucho-metal heads, mellow guys, and shred-fu masters. I think they only thing we haven't had is a 10-10-220 artist. LOL

For the Jam at the end, you only have to be willing to get on stage. That's about the only requirement. :-) I've played at a few of the Jemfest Jams, so that should tell ya that pretty much anyone with a guitar is allowed up there. We try to keep it to 3 or 4 guitars on the stage at a time though. If you want, hook up with a couple of players BEFORE the Jam, decide on a tune, check with the bassist/drummer/singer and get your poop in a group for your time up there. Everyone looks and sounds better that way. :-) There's a sign-up sheet at the front table when you enter. Put your name on it!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks alot kevan thats alot of help dude
-Anton
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 09:58 AM

Anton,

We are still accepting musicians for 2004 US (almost full already!), 2003, 2004 UK, and so on... We're getting alot of interest so 2004 should see lots of new faces!

Drop me a mail at [email protected] if you want to talk about it.

Gabe
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 06:23 AM

book me for JF 2010 maybe by then I'll be decent enough to go up there and play some tunes....then again....maybe not
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo de Dios
book me for JF 2010 maybe by then I'll be decent enough to go up there and play some tunes....then again....maybe not
I think you would do quite well now to perform if you wanted to... Just promise Kevan and I you won't fall asleep on the stage... OK?

Gabe
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 04:34 PM

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 01:00 AM

Re: How do i play in the Jemfest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Hi guys!

Ben
Hi Ben
(you wouldnt be Ben Thomas by any chance?)

How old? well this year we had a performer by the name of Taylor Gray who was 13

You dont have to do original stuff at Jemfest UK or Jemfest USA

You dont have to be **** hot, I played at Jemfest UK and USA this year!!!

If you want to be considered for a slot at Jemfest UK 2003 then drop me an email in January.

Cheers

Simon
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 11:07 AM

One requirement you definitely need .. you better feel deeply honored and proud for the privilege to play beside such incredible players. That's what I did and will do again playing my 4th Jemfest this June!!!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Ok cheers Simon
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 12:14 AM

We need to get davester1234 to play at Jemfest! I'll buy his plane ticket!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 02:58 PM

I am thinking about Jemfest UK 2003 so drop me a line if you are interested

Cheers

Simon
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 12:40 PM

Do we need to bring any guitar rig stuff for the Jam or are amps provided? I'd be willing to bring stuff if need be. Let me now!
Todd

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69
Do we need to bring any guitar rig stuff for the Jam or are amps provided? I'd be willing to bring stuff if need be. Let me now!
Todd
Hey Todd! Amps will be provided! Just plug and play.

See you next month!
Gabe
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 01:54 PM

ROCK ON!
May the forces of evil get lost on the way to your home!!!
Todd

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa

Tags
ricky garcia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode