Howlin' Wolf London Sessions instruction - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
dex

Howlin' Wolf London Sessions instruction

I need a little help with something, before the Joe Bonamassa Who's Been Talking cover you can hear Howlin' Wolf giving instructions on how to play the song.
Wolf's bit was recorded during the London sessions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lon..._Wolf_Sessions

What I need help with is if someone can have a listen and tell me what does Wolf say where I've written I don't understand what he says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-wz2gxGucM

wolf: We got to step this up a little bit, you know
Charlie Watts: How does the drum sound to you Wolf
wolf: Sounds alright
wolf: See one thing I like to try to show people and tell
them that I don't mean to be balsy, you know. OK.
wolf: I want the guy to be ...... and I have no idea what he says here, something about eclipse of beat or something like that....???
pa pa pa dum dum see like that
pa pa pa pa pa da dum da dum da you know
like that jungle stuff you know, bongo beats, something like that.

Anyway, I thought my English is pretty good but this has me stumped so would be brilliant if someone can have a listen and let me know what Wolf says there.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
dex

Re: Howlin' Wolf London Sessions instruction

Could have posted the real deal for your enjoyment as it's pretty awesome, don't need the chat here, just the bit on Joe Bonamassa's cover as pointed above.
For the impatient among us the song starts at 2:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYOrUpFuQkQ
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
dex

Re: Howlin' Wolf London Sessions instruction

Sooo.... 30 views and not a single person can tell me what Wolf actually says there?
I can't hear it but I thought a native speaker will be able to hear and understand it without a problem. *puzzled*

Tags
howlin wolf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode