I am going to be in The Guiness Book of World Records!! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I am going to be in The Guiness Book of World Records!!

I love it!! I always wanted to get in "The Book" for sometrhing having to do with my guitar. The event happens August 24th 2003 at the Cheyne Stadium in Tacoma Washington.

1000 guitar players will play Louie Louie along with the Kingsmen and the Wailers (the 2 bands that originaly made the song famous). I know its not something cool on an "individual level" but all our names will be in the book and I have to think they will probably show this on that TV show. I should have my flame guitar by then so I should stick out in the crowd!!

If you want to read more about the event or if you still want to sign up (they still need a few more players!!) visit: www.1000guitars.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 03:01 PM

Neat rikk. Isnt the guitar in that picture equipped with an rg270s single locking tremolo?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Mine will actually have a Low Pro Edge on it. He takes parts from RG's and uses them on the custom guitars. Mine will also have a maple fret board.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 06:44 PM

Cool. Play it a half step higher than everyone else so we can hear you in the crowd.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 10:35 PM

that's cool rikk!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 01:53 AM

I can imagine the whole event being a tuning nightmare , but hopefully it'll turn out great.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

They are playing it with the chords E, A, and B and will be providing tuners to everyone. Even if their guitar's intonation is out, they will all be in tune from at least the 1st through the 4th fret or so. They even had a company design a strip that allows all the poepl who dont have amplifiers to plug into it to go into the PA system. Believe it or not they have thought of allot of "problems" ahead of time.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 08:39 PM

Take your own full stack and PA system and let us here ya.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

lol They state in their rules "NO FULL STACKS or 4x12 CABS" lol Like I said, unfortunately they seem to have thought of just about everything....
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:20 AM

Thats pretty cool. How did you get into the group of 1000?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

You just have to sign up and pay the entry fee of $20.00. You get a whole bunch of free stuff I guess when you do it (t-shirts and stuff)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 12:46 AM

That's cool. I love the Guiness book of Records. That guitar is perfect for the occasion.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 12:16 PM

That seriously sounds like a great idea!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Well it was awesome!! There were not 1000 guitar players but there were a TON!! There were 754 guitar players plus "The Wailers", "The Kingsman", and "Paul Revere and the Raiders" were all there to go into the Guinness Book of Worlds Records for 2 categories. The largest amount of guitars plugged in at once and the largest amount of people playing Louie Louie at the same time.

I was a featured guitar player so I had V.I.P. status and got to play on the main stage with 14 other featured players that included members from "The Wailers", "The Kingsman", "Paul Revere and the Raiders", Roger Fisher (formally with Heart), Ned Nelter from "Jr Cadillac", Jerry Miller from "Moby Grape".....

I have never seen so much news covereage and press coverage in my life. Being a V.I.P. was VERY cool at this event. I dont know how many pictures I took for the paper and got to do interviews with the paper and the news stations, plus people had me signing their guitars, t-shirts, posters,.... you name it!! Plus all the artists on main stage signed a limited edition poster (I think there was 150 of them) that sold for $30 or $35 after the show. My signature is at the top of each one where it says "1000 Guitars". It was VERY cool to be involved in that event.

You can see pics of it and a video of the performance at www.rikkbeatty.com/louielouie.html

I was bummed that I did not have my new flame guitar (it was not ready) but I had one of my Universe 7 string Multi color guitars there. Man people freaked out over that guitar. I saw some wild guitars but NO ONE had a JEM or Universe guitar. Allot of people knew what it was though and they loved it. Anyhow it was a killer time.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 06:33 PM

Hey guys, I know I don't post much here anymore, but I had to congratulate Rikk... he's mentioned in the Seattle Times:

Quote:
As people looked on from the stands, dozens of local professional musicians including members from bands like Heart, Jr. Cadillac, Moby Grape, and the Rikk Beatty Band packed a stage near second base.
Article here:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._louie25m.html

Gabe

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , fret board , guitar players , locking tremolo , maple fret , maple fret board , pro edge , rikk beatty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode