I got my VAI boxset today!!! - The new boxset - Page 3 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I got my VAI boxset today!!!

Well as Rich said when I emailed him "someone better post the secret otherwise everyone will be tearing apart their jewel boxes to find something!!" *lol *:biggrin:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 05:14 PM

I had forgotten how much I like Ya Hozna (Zappa disc) - just plain wierd!!
post #33 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I had not heard "Jazz Discharge Party hats" in a long time. I love that tune *
post #34 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 05:28 PM
Vendor

Quote:
rikkbeatty on 3:36 pm on Dec. 16, 2001
Well as Rich said when I emailed him "someone better post the secret otherwise everyone will be tearing apart their jewel boxes to find something!!" *lol *:biggrin:

Actually I said post *where* the secret is. I never would have thought about pulling my box apart
post #35 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Oops sorry for the misquote. I know I felt weird about unscrewing the bottom of my box in the first place before anyone said anything. I just looked and thought it seemed like the perfect amount of space to hide a Jewel case and since I figured it was the "secret jewel box"...........
post #36 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-16-2001, 11:42 PM

Look - I guess I'm just plain stupid, but I would NEVER have thought to check for anything hidden, and NEVER thought to look under there (thanks Gabe!) *If it wasn't for you guys...well - I'd be just like the other X% that'll NEVER FIND IT, which is too bad. *My fave: "God gave hiney holes to us...." :rotf:

- Chris
post #37 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Chris,

That was my favorite part too. I just cracked up laughing when I heard that!!! *lol
post #38 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 12:29 PM

i haven't received my box set yet but am totally looking forward to it. *i wanted the crossroads tracks.

secret jewel? *won't play in certain cd players? *what? *what's up? *i may email someone to find out. *i hate guessing. *i guess it's explained in the box.
post #39 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

No the secret jewel wil play in any CD player but the CD with 40 tracks on it will not play in SOME CD players. It will not play in my Sony Vaio laptop but it will play in my main PC and all other CD players around the house and in the cars.
post #40 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-18-2001, 09:05 PM

Nevermind. I'm glad I kept it in one piece

(Edited by sixstringphoenix at 8:21 pm on Dec. 18, 2001)
post #41 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

You did not take the Secret CD out? It is an awesome interview CD!! It will harm the box in any way by taking it out.

The interview CD plays on all CD players but some people are having problems with the 40 track "The Elusive Light and Sound Vol. 1" CD playing on some CD players.

You HAVE to check out the secret CD though. It rocks.
post #42 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 07:44 AM

I got the Secret Jewel but at first I did not see it as it was on the inner side of the bottom panel. I laid it down on the table and proceeded to ply open the panel above that. I decided not to take it all off since I only so cardboard in there. Would have been a mistake.

-Justin
post #43 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Oh * When I took mine off the 2 black pieces stuck together and I almost put it back in since I did not see anything. Then the CD caught my eye. I took it off one more time because I thought for sure there could be a jewel case in there somewhere but I was wrong. The box did not suffer but maybe this little tidbit of info will keep people from making a bad mistake and mutilating their box.

I wonder if Vai will make a jewel case for te interview CD to go with the next CD that comes out? That would be cool. OR he could make the next cD have a dual tray for the interview CD to fit in.
post #44 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 03:27 PM

heres some crap.
i just got my box today!
They screwed up my orcer! So i emailed vai.com and let them no and go figure. no response!

Well, another crap thing is that i can not access the secret cd. the bottom where the screws are is fused together!
Anyone have any suggestions?
i have pulled and pulled and can not open it unless i wreck the box!

signed

Pissed off!

(Edited by vwall at 1:28 pm on Dec. 19, 2001)
post #45 of 143 (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 03:43 PM

Mine was tough, too. *Push down on one side and pull up on the other; it will come. *Also try something like knives or nail files on opposite sides, squeezing both towards each other, then pulling.

-Devin

Tags
air guitar , larry carlton , music store , rob balducci , steve lukather , stevie vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode