I had enough!...I demand proof Vince Gill! - Page 2 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 08:13 PM

Thumbs up Re: I had enough!...I demand proof Vince Gill!

I love good music, and this *is* good music.

Danny is the Master of the Telecaster. He left too soon

BTW what the hell is that guitar Albert Lee plays?

Regards,

JP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 08:15 PM

Talking Re: I had enough!...I demand proof Vince Gill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuredMaul View Post
Ido believe Brent Mason eats Vince Gill alive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYSLx...elated&search=
One word: AWESOME

JP
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 08:57 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: I had enough!...I demand proof Vince Gill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgos View Post
I love good music, and this *is* good music.

Danny is the Master of the Telecaster. He left too soon

BTW what the hell is that guitar Albert Lee plays?

Regards,

JP

It's a Musicman Albert Lee Signature
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 09:46 PM

Yuh, and if you ever needed any other proof that country style players kick major ass, go out and get any of the Hellecaster Albums - three of the most major guitar playing talents I have ever seen - they supported Eric Johnson (my favourite player) when he toured Australia a few years ago, and not only did I enjoy them possibly more than EJ, but I spent a helluva lot of the time watching them thinking: "How DO they do that!!!"

and then there's Johnny Hiland..........
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredNotDead View Post
. . . I can't believe that some people bag on these country guys like they are a bunch of no talent hillbillies. The stuff that these guys play is technically amazing, more so than some rock players.

. . . You may not like what they play, but at least give them their due as awesome musicians. You don't necessarily have to like the music to like and/or respect the player.
Great post, I'm with you one hundred percent. I like all kinds of music, sure, some better than others, but still . . .

I'm finding that I have favorites in every genre of music. I love Kanye West, Art Pepper, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Van Halen, Buddy Guy, Charlie Daniels, Jane's Addiction. Just for starters.

I'm all over the map and I have problems with people who slag an entire genre. How can you be a musician and not dig "Kind of Blue?"
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Now guys, I never said I didn't think he could possibly be a great guitar player. I just wanted to see proof. They also claim as a golfer he is capable of playing on the PGA tour...no lie and I've heard that more than the guitar virtuoso claims. Like I said, I don't have anything against him, and I think he seems like an incredibly nice guy. I may not care for country music (ok, I find most country songs in general a little corny), but I respect the musicians talent. My headline was very direct because I intended it to get attention to lead to information...and I did and thank you for that. I also can't wait to get the Clapton DVD as described above.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Thanks for the heads up Bones I'm goin to grab it NOW, lol.

lol.....

This thread is just another example of the old stereotype:

He/she could never shread because they play (said style) of music!

lol....reminds me of an old project I had to do for a family reunion. Ummm.....has anyone ever tried to play some of John Denver's old songs??? Not kidding
SOME of those rhythms are seriously a bitch to play No sh*t (not to mention he sang along as well) Man I had a bit of mud on my face after that one, lol. I went into it as a joke and came out of it learning the fact that you can never stereotype anyone

(man....that was tough to admit)
I hear that Clapton is planning another concert DVD set this summer (probably in Texas again). The last one was on Steve Vai's birthday which is kinda cool for us Vai fans.

Some stuff is much harder than it might seem at first. I get alot of new students wanting to learn Beatles stuff until they realize that their stuff is more complicated than it first sounds.

I've been trying to nail some old Chet Atkins stuff and it is taking some serious work and time to play double lines like he does. You have to keep a moving bass part playing the rhythm while playing the melody/lead with you middle, ring and pinky fingers which is usually accented all over the beats - very syncapated(sp?). It's some hard stuff to get smooth and play anywhere close to the speeds that Chet could easily pull that stuff off. He had alot of jazz influence in his chords and structure which is what made him so unique and so copied in his style.

That was a good lesson to learn JJEMMER. I'm never quick to judge players or songs as much anymore after trying to sit down and learn some of the things my students request to learn which can be a wide varying range of stuff.

BTW- for the record I've seen Vince play doubles in real tournaments on TV with the pros and he's right up there with them (not bad at all for being an ametuer player).

Last edited by screamndemon69; 05-21-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , danny gatton , eric johnson , guitar players , guitar playing , john mayer , john mclaughlin , johnny hiland , miles davis , steve vai , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to sound proof a garage

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode