I have new tunes... - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

I have new tunes...

hello...

I haven't been around the forum for a while. We moved and were quite busy. Now I am settled into my new home and studio and have started recording some tunes. I have posted the first two new (almost complete) tunes on my mp3.com page.

"Gooseflesh II" - An evolution of the original "Gooseflesh".

"Wouldn't It Be Good" - The Nic Kershaw tune that charted in the 80s with a boB upgrade to 2003. Perhaps "upgrade is a bad word. The original tune from Nik is still a lot better. I just liked the tune and wanted to play it in a different way. This song still needs vocals, but my voice sounds like A$$ and I don't know any vocalists close by. Sing along if you want.

i have 3 other covers and several originals in the works. I'm so excited.

just wanted to share... and see a couple comments. I am trying hard to ignore my own criticism which always prevents me from going public with any of my music. It would be nice to hear from some real musicians here on the forum.

boB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 10:33 PM

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff!!!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 04:15 AM

grrrrrr you gotta register before you can get them....
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 04:49 AM

DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 04:56 AM

Also d/loading right this very second :-)

Rob
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 06:08 AM

Listening to "Gooseflesh II" right now, it's really really good I love the layered parts, made me think Vai-meets-Brian May. And everything's really tight, especially the rhythm guitar and the kick drum parts. I love the little sampled parts too, very well done, everything flows together.

Now for the cover. Again, really tight rhythms. Though the mix doesn't seem as good to my ears, as the other. The drums kinda seem a bit buried. But overall, very well played. I like it. Even if I don't think I've ever heard the original.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Anyone else think the drums need to be stronger on "It Be Good"? I used a different kick drum on that song and am having a hard time making it strong in the mix without it sounding contrived. I do have an opportunity to change many things on the tune when I finally get vocals.

I dislike the snare on Goosflesh II, but it's too much work to replace right now. Maybe after I finish a couple more songs....

Thanks all...
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 12:52 PM

BOB!!! COOL like always.. killer sound man!!!

That section right after the chorus IT BE GOOD sounds so freakin cool happy... question.. why making it a vocal song at all? The sections where you play melody soudn great to me!! Play the full thing!!!

What can I say about Gooseflesh? The tune was already freakin rockin in the first version... like the headbang type in the new version !!!!

BOB rocks... has ever done and will ever do!!!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Ricky. You're opinion of me is too high, but I apreciate it.

i like the vocals on "be Good" It's kinda of a "wallow in self pitty" sarcasm thing. besides, I have tons of instrumental songs. I want some vocal tunes too.

I have also completed heavy versions of Brick House, TNT (including a RAP section), Matchstick Men (didn't know Ozzy did it too) and another boB song that will need vocals. Brick house has turned out to be the best of all of them. Its brutal.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 05:45 PM

Bob dude!!!!!!

is Texas Jams Volume two on the way?
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
Bob dude!!!!!!

Yeah, but I think it'll be called Bobs Bus "Other Peoples Sh!t".
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob oakman
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
Bob dude!!!!!!

Yeah, but I think it'll be called Bobs Bus "Other Peoples Sh!t".
That'd be a kickass title

Lookin' forward to hearing the rest of these.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 10:51 PM

Awesome stuff bob!

looking forward to more
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 11:43 PM

Wow Bob, very impressive!

So was this stuff done in the bus?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

No Dave... Still workin' on the bus. It has turned out to be a huge project. We ended up tearing down to bare frame and doing a total restoration. I am just now getting the AC units installed and starting some body work. I anticipate having it ready by spring.

Tags
bob oakman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode