I know this is old news but, i just got shocked !! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 25
I know this is old news but, i just got shocked !!

Was having my morning coffe and the ellen shows starts. Rihanna is the opening act and she starts her song, and in the background I glance at her band and come accross a long haired Nuno Bttencourt in her band...

I had to do a double take on it, and thought no way, what the hell is he doing in her band....

So I googled it and low and behold I was right..
http://www.retroblog.net/2009/11/16/...or-world-tour/

So when did all of this happen. I thought Extreme was doing a world tour. I guess Rihanna is a better gig... I understand he needs to work to pay the bills, but I didn't know times were that tough....

hehehe nice to see a guitar shredder on TV though....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM

Cool Re: I know this is old news but, i just got shocked !!

[QUOTE=
So when did all of this happen. I thought Extreme was doing a world tour. I guess Rihanna is a better gig... I understand he needs to work to pay the bills, but I didn't know times were that tough....
[/QUOTE]

Yeah things are that tough!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Re: I know this is old news but, i just got shocked !!

You say that like you know nuno personally. When I said tough I ment times were tough for him... not the entire world...
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 12:27 AM

Reviews: 1

I think that was sarcasm, that how bad does he have it, that he's playing guitar for a living, at least that was MY guess.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 AM

"Rihanna...said would have had an R&B sound and seems to be leaning towards Rock. She has teamed up with British duo Chase and Status which we should expect to have a lot of drums and a whole lotta bass.

rightAccording to the producers, this album is worth spending on despite the recession. He told the Britains Daily star “We’ve spent the past few weeks working with Rihanna and her people in an undisclosed location. She’s a lovely girl, so professional and it was an honor to work with her. The stuff she’s doing now I would definitely go out and buy myself, it’s a big change.” Adding, “Rihanna got in contact with us after hearing our track Saxon. She loved the feel of the drums and said she wanted a similar thing for her next record. It’s over 140 beats per minute but there’s also a dub step vibe on the things we’ve done with her. It’s more musical, which we’re into right now.” "
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

140 BPMS,, thats like Psy trance... howz that gona work for top 40
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
140 BPMS,, thats like Psy trance... howz that gona work for top 40
When there is psytrance in the top 40 I will be a happy, happy man
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:40 PM

Rihanna's choice to have Nuno in her band is a great surprise, and Nuno assures that her live sound is really complimentary to his "style." When he heard the direction Rihanna wants to go in a live setting Nuno said, "Wow, this rocks! It's heavy and funky, and it hit me that this is 'my' thing, this is 'my' style…"

Once Nuno and Rihanna blended their talents and began the first round of rehearsals, Nuno stated, "It did not disappoint. Even better than what I expected because she also has the most incredible band, and I get the privilege to add to their wall of sound. It's gonna be fun. Come see and hear it for yourself!"

As for the future of EXTREME, Nuno explains, "NO… this is NOT the end of EXTREME. We have a live DVD and CD coming out in early 2010 and we will be writing new material throughout the year. We had a great run across the globe on 'Saudades de Rock'... and we'll be back."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I have to say, If I were capable enough, I'd love the opportunity to tour with the likes of teh session guys that make up the backing bands of these pop stars. You get to play with some very cool musicians and see the world on someone else's tab. that sounds better than a real job!!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Reviews: 4

I guess they can play all her hits. I hear she's very concerned with beats. Hope they strike gold with this and put the smackdown on the R&B world. I bet the bassist slaps really well and the drummer pounds them skins for her. Bloody hell.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 02:31 PM

I saw Nuno with Perry Farrell's Satellite Party (opening for Pearl Jam)...
the Nuno/Farrell combo didn't last long, so my guess is this won't last either. He was a shell of his former self, but that could've been the Farrell influence.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:58 PM

Mmm I'm interested!!! I'd like to see what Nuno does over such a KILLER beat as "Umbrella", or what he does in that song where he "quotes" MJ...see 1:30 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGMU_i0K89s

Ok Rihanna, do a tour video, I'll order the bluray!!!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile View Post
Mmm I'm interested!!! I'd like to see what Nuno does over such a KILLER beat as "Umbrella", or what he does in that song where he "quotes" MJ...see 1:30 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGMU_i0K89s

Ok Rihanna, do a tour video, I'll order the bluray!!!
Hate burst your bubble but I didn't even hear an ounce of nuno on the Ellen show, not a note, you really couldn't tell if it was him or the other guy... id say her live shows will feature maybe a solo from nuno, cause that happens usually at those pop gigs. My wife saw Pink and the guitarist did some solos and even snuck in parts from Eugenes Trick bag !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

shocked when touching mic
can you get shocked by an electric guitar?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode