Ibanez GMC improv - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez GMC improv

Snapped on a digital camera at a recent gig... not the best solo Ive ever done but am quite happy with how well you can hear it on the camera mic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC7HXTWFLg4

apologies in advance for excessive wah usage... I must stop doing that!

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 09:22 AM

Re: Ibanez GMC improv

Nice!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Sorry but to me what you played had nothing to do with that music.
No matter how you tried to sound like Santana still it was out of place.
That kind of music needs something very melodic and not somebody trying to shred with phrases with no melody, just up and down scales, that's why Santana never played tappings at 200 bpms.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman View Post
Nice!
Cheers man! one day we must meet up...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 03:34 PM

Hi Steve I saw the video and figured it was an original then saw the comment bar and thought what? One of mine! Nice one.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Cheers man! one day we must meet up...
Yes we must!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 04:42 AM

Seemed like you were enjoying that.. good to see. Nice tone from the neck pickup too.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of This Swirled View Post
Hi Steve I saw the video and figured it was an original then saw the comment bar and thought what? One of mine! Nice one.
Cheers Al, tis a beaut! Played it at to two gigs now... got quite badly rained on at the one in the clip... but seems to have survived

There's a better photo of it below... lots of lizzard and chaos! Not only is it an awesome swirl but it really is a dream to play too! Cant thank you enough!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Love me some GMC action
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Cheers Al, tis a beaut! Played it at to two gigs now... got quite badly rained on at the one in the clip... but seems to have survived

There's a better photo of it below... lots of lizzard and chaos! Not only is it an awesome swirl but it really is a dream to play too! Cant thank you enough!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! the lizard Steve You know I didn't recognize it LOL what a tool I am I loved that one too I had a few folks ask for that too when I fired the pic up I did 2 lizards today, great photo I have stolen it and will fire it up on my site if you don't mind mate?

Always great to hear when things come together. Cheers Steve.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Cheers jono!

Thanks robbiano.. didnt notice that i didnt change it...

Al: two more lizards you say... are they spoken for? if not can I see them? ill probably take one... Im looking for no 4...

no probs by all means stick it up ... i used another of your swirls at that gig too but don't have any photos of it... the GMC was singing that evening so once I put it on I didnt take it off again...

thanks again folks

Steve
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Cheers jono!

Thanks robbiano.. didnt notice that i didnt change it...

Al: two more lizards you say... are they spoken for? if not can I see them? ill probably take one... Im looking for no 4...

no probs by all means stick it up ... i used another of your swirls at that gig too but don't have any photos of it... the GMC was singing that evening so once I put it on I didnt take it off again...

thanks again folks

Steve
Sadly they're not my bodies Steve and I don't have any pics of them but here is another one that initially I hated, I was close to sanding it off and going again, then after a few days I loved it and couldn't stop looking, it's all Brosa's fault.

Cheers Steve, which other one's did you have was it a jem and a UV? It was the paw jem I for I had done wasn't it?

Oh yeah Sam wanted your GMC lizard by the way.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 12:16 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Sorry but to me what you played had nothing to do with that music.
No matter how you tried to sound like Santana still it was out of place.
That kind of music needs something very melodic and not somebody trying to shred with phrases with no melody, just up and down scales, that's why Santana never played tappings at 200 bpms.
Nonsense. There was plenty of melody in that solo, and the fast parts were fit in well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode