I'm seeing Andy Mckee Tonight! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

I'm seeing Andy Mckee Tonight!

I just found out this morning that hes playing here tonight! I've been watching his youtube videos for a few months now, and his songs just blow me in terms of emotion and just incredible skill. I'm super pumped about it!

Sorry, I just had to vent it out to someone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 04:41 PM
ken

Re: I'm seeing Andy Mckee Tonight!

Way cool. He's amazing.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Don Ross and Brooke Miller with him? I saw their show in Toronto on the 26th of September. Really nice guy, and such a emotional songwriter and performer.

Now if we could get Antoine Dufour and Trace Bundy to join them, we'd have a really nice concert.

(For those not in the know, Youtube those names)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

I don't think that they'll be with him- as it doesn't say anything about them in the paper(which is all I got to go by so far as I just found out about it today), but it would be amazing if they were there too! All of those guys you metion are just amazing to me. I'll let everyone know how it went when I get back!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 05:15 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.P.R.O. View Post
Don Ross and Brooke Miller with him? I saw their show in Toronto on the 26th of September. Really nice guy, and such a emotional songwriter and performer.

Now if we could get Antoine Dufour and Trace Bundy to join them, we'd have a really nice concert.

(For those not in the know, Youtube those names)
I'd be happy to just get a show with Don and Antoine!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 01:54 PM

Agreed!

Between Don, Antoine and Andy they've got the upbeat stuff, the crazy technique that sounds awesome, and the emotional songwriting.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

So I woulda reported back last night, but I was just too tired to log in haha. The show was great- it was just Andy, but it was still an awesome show nonetheless. I'd say there was about 200 of us there, maybe more- my estimating has been known to be off. He said he was actually surprised to see this many people here, as it was his first solo show here in Florida. He talked a lot about what he had written certain songs for. For me, with every description he vocalized to us each song took on a whole new meaning to me. The music was absolutely beautiful, and the look on everybody's faces was priceless as he brought out the harp guitar- the guy sitting behind me had his eyes go really big and all he said "What the hell is that?!?". Andy was very witty and funny, he had everybody laughing in between each song for sure. He played just about every song off of the "Art of Motion" album and a few more from the others. I could hear everybody whispering in amazement as ha played "Drifting." I definitely heard a few people slip out "HOLY S#$T" as he did some amazing fingerpicking licks in his song "She." I ended up buying two of his albums and got them autographed, and I was actually quite surprised when I met him and stood next to him- he was a lot shorter than I thought! He was very nice and polite. I didn't get any pictures unfortunately:-/

So aside from the guy complaining behind me saying "Why does he keep messing with his strings, its not a #&%*@!& tennis racket!" when he was retuning(he uses many alternate tunings) it was a great show!

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode