Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I'm writing the definitive book on Passion And Warfare.

Tags
book
3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  eddyrox 
#1 ·
News time: I’m writing a book!

It’s about the creation of Passion And Warfare: the concept, the music-business deal-wrangling, the gear, the recording process and more. There's a lot of great info in the Passion And Warfare tab book but there's more below the surface. A lot more.

Steve very generously gave me a chunk of his time to answer all the questions I’ve had about this landmark album over the years, and we had an amazing chat last week. Several other people involved in the album or subsequently inspired by it have agreed to be interviewed. I'll be talking to Darren Johansen and I'm trying to line up time with David Coverdale right now. The final chapter will be about the legacy of the album so I'm working on getting a wide variety of Vai-influenced guitarists from the last 30 years to talk about how the album inspired them.

My hope is that it will be picked up by 33 1/3 because that seems like the perfect home for it. If not, I’ll shop it around. (I already have a publisher for another book that I just got a deal for).

This feels like something that a lot of musicians can learn from whether they’re guitarists or not, Vai fans or not, because the lessons involved in bringing this record to the world are extremely inspiring and instructive, and Steve has graciously shared details far beyond anything I've read before.

See less See more
#7 ·
Good news.I need a duplicate also. Tell us when it drops. Additionally will there be and E book I could peruse on my tablet?

Reactions: 3bolt79
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.