Inspired by a trip into the desert - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
Inspired by a trip into the desert

[link removed]

Last edited by jem7vwh; 08-04-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 05:30 PM

Re: Inspired by a trip into the desert

you can play
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo7v
you can play
thanks I wish I had the equipment and the know-how to put together my songs better. Things always sound so much better in person than they do in my recorded mixes. I need an engineer and a producer willing to work for free!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 04:36 PM

Good playing there buddy!

Sounds a little like a piece I have been working on. And I think if I use a rhythm more like yours instead of the straighter rhythm I have been using using it will be a lot better (as I wrote the lead part first and the rhythm to accompany it). And it happens, the lead happens to be a perfect expansion of the first couple notes and the chords are the same.

Your piece is more Satriani-ish where mine is more Vai-ish.

Sooner or later when I am not feeling so lazy, I will record it and see if it doesn't sound like a total rip off but I swear I'm not ripping you off! My rhythm will be a little different but damn that is close. You have sucessfully inspired me to work on the piece more now!

What's your rig when you recorded that?

Last edited by red5; 06-23-2005 at 04:45 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5
Good playing there buddy!

Sounds a little like a piece I have been working on. And I think if I use a rhythm more like yours instead of the straighter rhythm I have been using using it will be a lot better (as I wrote the lead part first and the rhythm to accompany it). And it happens, the lead happens to be a perfect expansion of the first couple notes and the chords are the same.

Your piece is more Satriani-ish where mine is more Vai-ish.

Sooner or later when I am not feeling so lazy, I will record it and see if it doesn't sound like a total rip off but I swear I'm not ripping you off! My rhythm will be a little different but damn that is close. You have sucessfully inspired me to work on the piece more now!

What's your rig when you recorded that?
Thank you for listening- I really appreciate it.

Funny you mention that my piece is "Satriani-ish". The solo is pretty lydian with a lot of tapping (both Vai things). I don't really consider myself a fan of Joe's, but I guess I don't use the whammy bar enough (or at all) to be considered Vai-ish. I'd definately love to hear your version. If you're bored, I even uploaded a different more laid back version without the lead playing. Here's the quiet version

I recorded it in 2 parts.
* The rhythm is a fender strat, neck position into a clean fender princeton chorus with slight reverb
* The lead is my Ibanez JEM7VWH into an Boss DS-1, ADA MP-1, Lexicon MPX-200 for reverb, Beringer Ultragraph EQ, and a BBE 482.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 02:04 PM

^^ A lot of it like the lydian and tapping was Vaish for sure. A lot of the phrasing and the intro was more Satrianish though which is what I mean which is cool by me!

I always confuse the two, but isn't that mixolydian?

Last edited by red5; 06-27-2005 at 02:45 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5
^^ A lot of it like the lydian and tapping was Vaish for sure. A lot of the phrasing and the intro was more Satrianish though which is what I mean which is cool by me!
If you want that rhythm track to record over, I can post it here for people to play over.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 02:28 PM

Nah my chord changes are still a little different so it wouldn't work. Thanks though!

Tags
fender princeton , fender princeton chorus , fender strat , ibanez jem , lexicon mpx , neck position

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what do brits eat for desert?
how to plan a road trip with a trailer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode