Introducing Mrs. Smith (Debut EP) - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

9Likes
  • 4 Post By mrssmith
  • 1 Post By Rich
  • 1 Post By mrssmith
  • 2 Post By Rich
  • 1 Post By Formerly Given To Fly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Introducing Mrs. Smith (Debut EP)

Dear JEMSters,

Mrs. Smith has a debut EP and she hopes you will give it a listen. All the guitars on this were recorded using a JEM 77fp with Breed pickups. CDs, digital downloads, merch, and backing track available here:

mrssmith.merchnow.com

Music Video, "The Bob Ross Technique" available here:

iTunes and Spotify:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/in...ith/1436525128

https://open.spotify.com/album/2XYkLebgVN5D06I79znLaP

Hope you will listen and enjoy!

Mrs. Smith & Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 09:15 PM
Vendor

Re: Introducing Mrs. Smith (Debut EP)

I just had dinner with my rep Angelo tonight who did a clinic with you and he said you were a fabulous clinician!
the_anuj likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Rich, thank you for these kind words! It was so nice meeting Angelo and I'm so glad he was pleased!

Often it seems people misunderstand the purpose of my music and performances and videos. There's all kinds of strange ideas in comments about why and what I'm doing. What it comes down to is, I believe, more than anything that we need to PLAY within art. Not play the guitar as in execute notes but PLAY it as in be PLAYFUL with it: lose ourselves in enthusiasm inside it. To be PLAYFUL is my motto. That was what I hoped to convey in the clinic and to inspire. There was talk of gear and techniques but my message, I hope, is loud and clear: PLAY joyfully and let the exploration lead you and heck with the rules!! I hope they got that.

Thank you!

Mrs. Smith
mike570 likes this.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Vendor

I think the role of an entertainer is to entertain, the role of a teacher is to teach, and the role of a clinician is to do both
mike570 and the_anuj like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I think the role of an entertainer is to entertain, the role of a teacher is to teach, and the role of a clinician is to do both
Good one! I agree!!! Thx!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 06:42 AM

Been looking forward to this. I'm a fan!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith View Post
Often it seems people misunderstand the purpose of my music and performances and videos. There's all kinds of strange ideas in comments about why and what I'm doing. What it comes down to is, I believe, more than anything that we need to PLAY within art. Not play the guitar as in execute notes but PLAY it as in be PLAYFUL with it: lose ourselves in enthusiasm inside it. To be PLAYFUL is my motto. That was what I hoped to convey in the clinic and to inspire. There was talk of gear and techniques but my message, I hope, is loud and clear: PLAY joyfully and let the exploration lead you and heck with the rules!! I hope they got that.

Thank you!

Mrs. Smith
There is depth in what you wrote. The first BOLD statement I am not even going to touch because it is too difficult and too sensitive of a topic, but it is true. The second BOLD statement is also true. PLAYFUL exploration can lead to the discovery of something new. There is no need to explore what you already know or break the "rules" unless you have a desire to create something new.
"New means change the method. New methods change the experience. New experiences change man." - Karlheinz Stockhausen
I am not going to touch what the "rules" are because there are musical rules, social rules, and self-imposed rules. The latter rules are personal, difficult to understand, and really hard to break. I mainly wanted to let you know there is depth in what you wrote and it was refreshing to hear and has given me something to think about...
FireEagle likes this.
Formerly Given To Fly is online  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Exactly!

Tags
floral

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode