Iron Maiden - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Iron Maiden

People either love 'em or hate 'em... I love 'em!! Just giving a little shout out to the other Maiden fans out there. Made my Friday morning drive to work when "Powerslave" came on... cranked it!

You just can't touch this stuff... and that dynamic solo, when Adrian comes in all smooth and pentatonicky like he does! Nice!

"Into the abyss I'll fall... the eye of Horus
Into the eyes of the night watching me go
Green is the cat's eye that glows in this temple
Enter the risen Osiris risen again!"

Happy Friday! Rock on... \m/ \m/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 08:13 AM

Re: Iron Maiden

LOVE Maiden. I saw the Piece of Mind cassette when I was a kid and it was all over
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

I remember when I first heard that cassette... I was a country bumpkin in AZ, but had heard Number of the Beast from some rowdy kids I knew, and liked it. Then my cousin from the big city came to stay a couple weeks with us and brought Piece of Mind with him... We wore it out!! Been a lifetime fan ever since... and last summer my daughter and I went to see Maiden and Megadeth. So I passed the torch too.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 PM

Best band in the world.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 02:17 AM

Reviews: 6

up the irons!!!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 03:25 AM

Love em, saw the first iteration of the band when the self titled first album was released. Met the band and had a copy of Killers on vinyl signed second time round, third time was Number of the beast tour. Awesome band.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 06:50 AM

I love maiden too. Favorite album is Piece of mind. It was the first album (and Flight of Icarus being the first song) that allowed me to see that including Myths or historical aspects to heavy metal songs was great. Being that I love greek mythology, that song was like one of my theme songs as a kid.

Up the irons!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Sorry... Guess I posted it in the wrong place.

Thats one of the best things about Maiden.. Steve Harris writes songs about mythological and historical stuff, not your normal cookie cutter songs about drinking and women.

I saw them first on the Powerslave tour, then Somewhere in Time, and then again just last summer where they did lots of old classics and pretty much the whole 7th Son album. I just recently got "The Final Frontier"... and it has some great stuff on it too!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Sorry... Guess I posted it in the wrong place.

Thats one of the best things about Maiden.. Steve Harris writes songs about mythological and historical stuff, not your normal cookie cutter songs about drinking and women.

I saw them first on the Powerslave tour, then Somewhere in Time, and then again just last summer where they did lots of old classics and pretty much the whole 7th Son album. I just recently got "The Final Frontier"... and it has some great stuff on it too!
First time I saw maiden was on the Brave New World tour. AMAZING tour that was. I dunno, I should've gone to a lot more concerts when I was a kid but didn't and I really regret that now but I got to see most of those awesome bands about 15 years ago or so, so that's good enough for me
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
I just recently got "The Final Frontier"... and it has some great stuff on it too!
Starblind - track 7 - enough said! I have the final frontier Eddie tattooed on my right arm.

I was at a Bruce Dickinson tribute concert yesterday. Every Iron Maiden fan shoud get into Bruce's solo career.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsx View Post
Starblind - track 7 - enough said! I have the final frontier Eddie tattooed on my right arm.

I was at a Bruce Dickinson tribute concert yesterday. Every Iron Maiden fan shoud get into Bruce's solo career.
Starblind as a great track... but I really like track 4, "Coming Home". What a well written song! Great solos too.. Track one is good too, once you get past the 4 1/2 minute intro.

I have some of Bruce's solo stuff... not bad at all!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 10:23 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Iron Maiden

I love Iron Maiden...

I have many favorite things about them, but the best (to me) is the fact that they hired Janick Gers, and when Adrian Smith came back, they stayed committed to him and kept all three guitarists...

I truly think that took courage...And showed them to be stand up guys!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
I love Iron Maiden...

I have many favorite things about them, but the best (to me) is the fact that they hired Janick Gers, and when Adrian Smith came back, they stayed committed to him and kept all three guitarists...

I truly think that took courage...And showed them to be stand up guys!
And he's the one composing some of their longest songs lately, such as The Legacy and The Talisman.

As far as I've heard, Bruce is the one who demanded Steve to keep Janick in the band back in 99.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

When I saw them live last summer, Janick really added a lot to their sound. They have so many multiple guitar parts layered in there that having a 3rd guitar when playing live made it that much better. Someone to hold down the rhythm during their trademark dual lead parts. I was surprised that Janick did quite a bit of lead guitar on their older stuff too. I remember him playing lead on "The Prisoner". He is also probably the most energetic one on stage... with Bruce a close second.

The other thing that surprised me was the demographics of the crowd... Everything from little kids to very old people. I fit right in as a 45 year old in a Rush shirt... lol. When I walked in to the place it was like "Ah, my people!"

Also... after that concert I got home and dug out my guitar that I hadn't played hardly at all in the last 15+ years. Now I've got a couple new guitars and have been playing every day for a few months. Love that Maiden!!!

Last edited by FireEagle; 03-17-2014 at 11:31 PM.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 06:46 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Iron Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsx View Post
And he's the one composing some of their longest songs lately, such as The Legacy and The Talisman.

As far as I've heard, Bruce is the one who demanded Steve to keep Janick in the band back in 99.
Janick and Bruce were friends from the Tattooed Millionaire album...

Tags
maiden

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode