Jemfest 2001 Video Request - Who do you want to see next? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest 2001 Video Request - Who do you want to see next?

OK, I have ALL of J3 now in MPG format, waiting to be uploaded. *I've decided to only put up smaller clips so we have room for snippits from other acts as well. *As it stands now - I will not put up the whole J3 jam video until I aquire more space. *This may mean a new service provider which Kevan has brought my attention to. *I've figured out that I'll need roughly 300MB of web space for a good showing of videos for all the Jemfests.

Back to the subject at hand - On my agenda for this evening are video clips of the Eric Sands band along with a J3 clip with him soloing.

On another note, I must get the original Jemfest 2001 video tapes out to Eric Sands very soon to get the audio mastered. *So people - let me know what you want and I'll get them up very soon I promise. *I'm running on a very old video capture card which has limited capabilities so it's really a tough time getting this done. *It's the same capture card I used for the Jemfest 99 videos.

More GOOD NEWS! *I'm getting by hands on a scanner this evening. *This means I can upload NEVER BEFORE SEEN JEMFEST pictures from Jemfest 99! *These pictures are high 35mm quality - the same camera I used to take the pictures at G3 1997 if you saw my review on this site...

There's just so much to do on the Jemfest site and Kevan and I are trying to get something grand for everyone to enjoy. *We appriciate all your kind remarks and encouragement!

So post your comments about what you want to see and I'll get them up this week. *I want to at very least get clips of every band up there.

I plan on capturing all of Jemfest 2001 on video and burning it to a CD or two - available for purchase. *More details later.

Thanks,
Gabe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 12:59 PM

Jemfest 2001 Video Request

Only because I worked so damn hard and waited almost a full year to see/hear him do it live, I'd *LOVE* to see some of Sands and the boys doing "Hanglider".
...but that's just me....being a selfish pr!ck. *

Gabe- let me know about the hosting stuff; I'll need to change some things in Fetch. *I may put J-Custom.com with them as well.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 12:16 AM

Once you get some of the jaw-droppin' shred-men up there I'd like to see some of Arc of Descent from a different angle/crapcorder microphone...

I'm sure the last song would be a fine choice...

<self promotion mode OFF>
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 12:35 AM

Let's crank out a compilation CD and possibly a video to accompany it. You guys could sell them to fund JemFest 2002, maybe even host it outdoors!

I know...JemStock!!! *

-Eric Sands
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 01:41 AM
ken

First person to say "HeadStock" gets a warning.

"MunkyStock" might warrant a sucker-punch....

:rotf:
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 12:09 PM

I don't know how much footage there is, but I'd REALLY love to see some of Ricky Garcia's performance.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 02:02 PM

I would like to see some of Matthew King and Jeremy Krull's performance.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

OK, tonight I'll work on getting the following up on the site:

Matt King
Ricky Garcia
Jeremy Krull

I'm gonna make Kev suffer and not post Hanglider until I send him a copy of the tapes. *Just because he's a selfish prick as noted in a previous post. *

Just kidding - Don't worry Kev, I'll get that vid up soon! *But I watched it over and over and I must say I'm really impressed! *Probably some of the best stuff I've seen. *Drooling yet Kev? *LOL

And just a note: during lunch I popped in a tape and recorded a part from one of Frankenshreds songs. *It's now up on jemfest.com. *Go check it out!

http://www.jemfest.com/jemfest_2001/...hred/index.htm

Audio is heavily distorted due to camera position.

Gabe
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 01:29 AM

Just finished watching the clip. *Now I know why he calls himself Dr. Frankenshred. *The dude's got chops! *But wait a minute, what's he doing with a Jackson!? :shocked:

Thanks again for sharing, Gabe. *Did I ever tell you how much you rule?.......well you do :thumbsup:
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

I've created a new page - the video index. *So here is your 1-stop spot for Jemfest videos from all years.

http://www.jemfest.com/jemfest_2001/video_index.html

I'll have links for everything there soon.

As you can tell, I've upload Matt King videos and I'm in the process of working on Jeremy Krulls.

Gabe
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 03:17 PM

OH YEAH!!! You wanna see what a monster this guy is? Check especially video nr. 3!!! Matt's legato is so amazing... and also his compositions are outstanding. Man... 18 years old. I better pack my stuff and do something else!!!
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 07:10 PM
ken

Okay, I have uploaded all of my videos from Jemfest '99. Gabe and Kevan- go ahead and link to the them instead of using up jemfest.com server space for them.

http://www.kenburtch.com/ken03.mpg
http://www.kenburtch.com/ken04.mpg
http://www.kenburtch.com/ken05.mpg
http://www.kenburtch.com/ken06.mpg
http://www.kenburtch.com/ken07.mpg
http://www.kenburtch.com/ken08.mpg
http://www.kenburtch.com/ken09.mpg
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 08:58 PM

All rite Ken... got them all. Part of my oustanding, fantastic, amazing, inspiring, kicking my little berklee ass player jemfest collection.

Im turning my amp OFF right now...

You guys rock so much!!
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 09:10 PM

Hey NICE Clips!
I loved Comin' Thru! As always...killer chops and killer sounds! You rock man!

Thanks for posting the clips!

Chris.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 10:22 PM

To quote the ever-interesting Jim McCloskey...
"oh. my. god."

I was physically THERE and I forgot how badazz Ken's live playing was. *I just realized that I'll NEVER be able to play Comin' Thru w/o staring at my fretboard like Gabe at a blonde with a huge rack. *The emotion Ken puts into and exudes when on stage in his music....damn....

Bottle that, and you'd rule the world.

Oh yeah, all the videos are linked on Jemfest.com. *:-)

Tags
condenser mic , eric sands , guitar playing , power amp , practice amp , ricky garcia , rob balducci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode