jemfest 2010 Orlando...who else is attending? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Question jemfest 2010 Orlando...who else is attending?

can't wait for it...who else is going? the combination of having the vai masterclass on saturday at the same venue is almost too good to be true!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 03:16 PM

Re: jemfest 2010 Orlando...who else is attending?

I will most likely be there.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 05:28 PM

Too bad I just got home for summer break from UCF, I can't go to either >_>
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 AM

Reviews: 4

I will be at least at the masterclass :-), hopefully will be at the first jam or so!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99volts View Post
can't wait for it...who else is going? the combination of having the vai masterclass on saturday at the same venue is almost too good to be true!
I'll be going to Jemfest X! I'll be performing in one of the bands Saturday night... Hope to see you there!
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 02:13 PM

Oh, you'll love Jemfest! Usually there are 3 or 4 bands/guitarists each of the two nights and a Jam after the last one. I've heard most of the musicians scheduled and they are all fantastic. If you play, bring your guitar for the Jam later in the evening.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 PM

Reviews: 27
Question Re: jemfest 2010 Orlando...who else is attending?

I'll be there for the masterclass as well as Jemfest! Looking forward to the jam. I don't suppose there will be a local music outlet supplying some of the hardware for the jam so we're not all having to haul our entire rig down to Orlando Florida?
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandAxe View Post
I don't suppose there will be a local music outlet supplying some of the hardware for the jam so we're not all having to haul our entire rig down to Orlando Florida?
Good point, and even though Its only a 5 hour drive for me I'll only be able to bring a 15 watter, will that be enough??? how do we deal with all the power, like, will there be enough outlets, will we need to bring like, power strips!?!?! even though I only will be bringin an amp and multi-effects, I know there will be a bunch or rigs to be set up.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Vendor

If you're not on the set list then you're probably plugging into whatever is available, or even the PA. The stage will already be packed and the group jams rotate frequently. There is no time for setting up and tearing down.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 10:07 PM

Reviews: 25

wish i lived in the US, cause id bring my ugly mug to the party also :P
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
If you're not on the set list then you're probably plugging into whatever is available, or even the PA. The stage will already be packed and the group jams rotate frequently. There is no time for setting up and tearing down.
okay, lemme see if i get this straight, after the bands have all finished the setlist(s) then there is the jam, that will take place on the stage will it, and will be in groups?? and amps and whatnot will be present already?? sorry, maybe I'm not entirely sure how this is gonna work, is there anywhere that explains this? would I get to bring a pedal?????
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 11:15 AM

FULL BACKLINE FOR JAMS!!!

There will be full backline for the jams....I played at Jemfest 2008, so I can tell you exactly how it works....
The scheduled performers go on during their time slots in quick rotation, so there is only about 15 minutes between each musician/band (if that!). Especially if it's just one guitarist playing to some backing tracks, then tear down is just unplugging your pedal board & cable from the amp. Some guitarists use a whole backing band, but still only 15/20 minutes in between acts to keep things moving along quickly.
As soon as the last performer is finished, they have the raffle for the guitars, amps, and other guitar gear (in 2008 they raffled off a Jem axe, a Carvin amp, and a bunch of other goodies).
The Jam starts, and depending on how many people are in attendance, musicians can just go up there and play, up to 3 guitarists at a time. There is only 1 drum kit set up and 1 (maybe 2?) bass rigs set up, but the whole stage set up is definitely oriented towards guitarists. You have your pick and choose as to which amp/cab you want to plug into (there are 3 different guitar rigs), and you can bring pedals or pedal board if you wish.
However, there is no need to bring your amp for the stage jam, as there will be no time to set it up (THERE ARE 3 AMPS/CABS SET UP ON STAGE)....the playing starts immediately, and it's basically plug and play.....The sound quality is very good, top quality gear is used, and you don't need anything except your guitar.
Even if you don't have a guitar, there are TONS there to use to jam with, but I know that people want to bring their own axe, so what I would recommend is to bring:

1) your guitar/bass
2) cable (although not necessary, but sometimes good to have as backup or if you have pedal board and need more cables/connectors)
3) pedals/pedalboard (but not required)

**Like I said before, even if you didn't have any of the above items, there are guitars/basses, cables & pedals available to use for the jams, so if you bring anything, it's for personal preference only. If you do decide to bring your amps, it would be for the hotel room jams only, but that's another story.... as far as the STAGE jams, if you are not a scheduled performer in the set list, you will not be allowed to set up your own amps/cabs. There are plenty up there all ready to go!!!!!!

If you have any more q's post reply here or pm me!!
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

will we be able to video during the artists sets and jams? 5 more days...I'm stoked!
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:40 PM

Oh yes, video is definitely encouraged!!!!!!!!!! Bring lots of memory cards and batteries!!!!
See ya there!!!!!!!
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

sweet!!

Tags
fest , hotel , jem , steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode