Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK) - October 27th 2001 in London, UK - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK) - October 27th 2001 in London, UK

The first details:

Date: *Saturday October 27th
Time: *Midday-Midnight

Venue is a large room regularly used as a gigging venue with in built stage and lighting rig. *It also has a bar in it! Click here for London street map. (More detailed directions to follow)

Accomodations: at the moment it will be up to each participant to organise themselves but I will get hold of the contact details of some hotels *near the venue.

We are using a university venue and some equipment so we will be subject to a few regulations (I am trying to find out exactly what these are). *Mainly that everyone coming will have to register with the organisers and my contact from the university. *This way we can have the room, PA, two full band's worth of gear, and everything else for FREE.

We may also be able to get even more PA stuff and even a sound crew-I am working on this.

Official Jemfest t-shirts should be available-I am working on this at the moment.

Following on from the great US jemfests we will have:
  • Bands- info to follow (1 definite, 2 possible so far)
  • Jam sessions-play your heart out over some selected (chosen by you) jam songs (with band back up)
  • We will have some top gear for you to play through from Marshall heads and cabs to my rack of doom (see my profile)-more details to follow.
    If you are coming from a long way away, just bring your guitars, I hope we can provide the rest.
  • Guitar gallery -a (hopefully) co-ordinated display of guitars (i.e. not 50 vwh's!)
  • a raffle (if I can get some prizes)
  • and some suprises.
Webpage updates and registrations will be located on Jemfest.comand also at ibanezregister.com and of course here on jemsite.

all suggestions and help welcomed, hope to see you there!

Cheers
Simon
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks to Gabe, Bill, Kevan, Glen, Jerry, & Darren

August 5, 2001

ok here you go....Jemfest Details

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK) in conjunction with Imperial College Jazz and Rock society

Starts 12 pm-we have to clear the venue by 11.20 pm. *Bar and food next door. *(we are not going to open the bar in the venue as it will give us more space for the guitar gallery)

REGISTRATION
will be via email due to the the conditions by which we get the venue and backline/PA for FREE.

So to register:

Email me the following:
  • Name
  • Address (and name and address of anybody you are bringing with you)
  • Guitars and/or gear you are bringing. *It would help for organisation purposes if you include the serial numbers of your guitars.

The names and addresses will only be used for purposes of jemfest.

We have a limit of 100 people from outside of college. *So you need to register before you come. I dont know if we will have places on the day. *
Please try and register by September 28th. *Sooner the better obviously!

ACCOMODATION
Imperial College have given me a list of cheap hotels (August 2000 prices £20-£75) and a nearby Youth Hostel. *If I can get an idea of the numbers coming I can talk to the Accomodation office on Wednesday 8th August and maybe get a block booking which will be cheaper for everyone.

TRAVEL
The first post in this thread shows where the venue is. *If you have any particular travel questions email me and I will tell you the best way to get from Heathrow, Gatwick etc. Kings Cross, Euston, Waterloo to the venue.
Are you flying? ideas here -->How to transport a guitar to Jemfest for flyers

PARKING
Obviously London is expensive for parking but if you are driving then you will be able to park within College grounds. *If you arrive Saturday and leave Sunday, i.e. 24hrs parking will be about £25.

PRE-JEMFEST EVENT
Friday night October 26th piss-up in the Intrepid Fox in Soho (rock night club later too if you are up for it!) if you want to come I will email you directions-tell me when you send me your registration email.

GUITAR GALLERY
Will happen 12-3pm while we set up. Tell me what you are bringing when you register.

BANDS
Two confirmed so far (Cereal Killer, One Less than None), three more in progress (one from Imperial College, Spain and Sweden). *I will put details up and websites when everything is sorted.

Jemfest teaser...we are inviting some famous guitarists-and no dont email me to ask who they are!

JAM SESSIONS
There will be two, so that is two two hour slots of jamming. *The earlier one will be the opportunity for you to bring a backing track to play along to (and show your skills!). *But we need suggestions for jam songs so post them in this thread HERE. *If you tell me what jam songs you want to do my band will learn or at least try to learn them for October.

THE RAFFLE
All proceeds from this going to Make a noise foundation (MANF).
#1 *Open to everybody including everybody who cant make it to London for Jemfest

A swirl paint job from Darren (ATD)

A body modification or body strip from Brian at UniversalJems

(Thanks!!! Darren and Brian you guys are stars!):thumbsup:

To enter the raffle you have to make a donation in to MANF (I will sort out the details of how to do this) and mail me a postcard/index card to go in the raffle box. *
Email me for my address. *

#2 Raffle tickets-proceeds to MANF
Prizes will include
T-shirts from Darren and Jemfest
Goodies from Kevan
CDs from Ricky Garcia (if you dont win one you can buy one!)
CDs from Jeremy Krull (if you dont win one you can buy one!)
Steve Vai picks
and more goodies to follow

(Thanks!!! Darren, Kevan, Ricky, Jeremy, Vegard you guys are stars!):thumbsup:

JEMFEST 2001 LONDON UK T-SHIRTS
Thanks to Kevan, Darren and my credit card we will have Jemfest t-shirts on sale.

These will look similar to these Orlando ones! shown here and here
Sale of the t-shirts will go to MANF

:help: WANTED:help:
Does anybody have a van in London that we could use on Saturday morning and Sunday morning for transporting gear to and from the venue?

:help: CREW and ORGANISERS:help:
I have already had some great offers of help from people e.g. Sound engineer (Cheers Ed!), and Steve (ripl3y), James (7 Dying trees), Jono, Barry, Jerry (jerrye), Mikey.
If you want to help out on the day let me know, we need people to be on the door to sort registration, looking after the guitar gallery, people to help with stage set up and band changeovers, raffle and t-shirt sales, you know the kind of thing! *If you are doing any of these things you wont miss any of the action!
We need someone with a digital camera to be jemfest camera person

So there you go, if I have missed or overlooked something then let me know.

Best wishes

Simon :loco:
Thanks again to Darren, Brian, Kevan, Glen, Steve, Jono, Jerry, James, Ed, David, Julio, Esa, the guys at IC, Barry, Ricky, Jeremy, Vegard, Mikey.

edit by Jemsite - all the info copied to the first post

(Edited by jemsite at 3:01 pm on Aug. 6, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 02:23 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

Nice one, Jon!

You´re doing a great job mate I´m looking forward to the event, although I´ve been told today that I will freeze my bollocks off

Julio a.k.a. Jon
post #3 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 02:58 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

COOL!!!!

To bad I can not attend but I am with you my european brothers ( I am german)!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!
post #4 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 02:59 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

I've updated the main Jemfest.com page. *Don't worry - I plan on adding more! *Jemfest.com and the host was down last night so I just quickly modified the index this morning before work.

Gabe
post #5 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 03:26 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

what happened to jemfest europe?????

looking forward to it!

see you all in October

Steve

can you list a couple of nearby hotels etc if possible
post #6 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 12:28 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

see you there , its gonna be cool (you say it has a bar ???, everything you need (and some guitars ))
post #7 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 01:13 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

I can back up Simon's claims about the place, as I went to the same university as him. It's got a bar, cheaper-than-other-bars-in-london prices (a very very very very good thing ).

So yeah, I'll see everyone that's coming down there! It will be cool, and interesting to find out what everyone looks like (except for simon, i already know...)

If you are doing a competition, why not something stupid like "guess the combined length of 5 peoples hair" We did a t-shirt giveaway with my last band with that as the question...
post #8 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 11:58 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

DAMN!! I would like to come so badly

Anything festish is so great so I hate to miss it.

You guys gonna have such a fabulous time like I had this year in Orlando. Man what good friends I made from there. But there will be a second chance!!
post #9 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 01:23 AM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

Not that there is anything special about it or something but can I donate some of my CDs for your raffle?? Its for the kids again so...

Thanks!!
post #10 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

:biggrin:
muchas gracias Ricky

Check your email!
post #11 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 07:33 AM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

As a bonus to that I must add that Ricky has some HUGE music on his cd's.

I was very impressed.

Julio
post #12 of 163 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 03:31 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

Jemfest Europe is really happening! Very cool. Great work Simon. I won't be able to make it, but I am sure all of the attendees will have a blast.

BTW, I agree Ricky's music is fantastic. I really enjoyed his set at the last JF.

Rick
post #13 of 163 (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 08:16 AM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

O MY GOD! I CANT WAIT !!! :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
post #14 of 163 (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 01:23 PM

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

Jemfest.com is now updated-
•address
•times
•Simon's measurements, likes and dislikes...etc. *:-)

We even put up a map for folks to click on! *
(The venue is across the street from the famous Royal Albert Hall- where they hold the Prince's Trust concert! *Talk about talent across the street! *Good mojo!)

You guys are gonna have SO MUCH fun!
post #15 of 163 (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest 2K1.5 (UK)

Stay tuned this weekend for
  • jemfest news update
  • accomodation details/ideas
  • registration info
  • latest band info
  • raffle prize updates
  • latest jemfest teasers and rumours!!

snoochie boochies

Simon
Closed Thread

Tags
air guitar , allen wrench , allen wrenches , atd swirl , backing track , bass amp , bob oakman , bridge pickup , control knobs , custom jem , custom swirl , darren wilson , guitar shop , monkey grip , neck angle , overdrive pedal , ricky garcia , rob balducci , steve vai , strat style , string guitars , trs bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode