Please don't respond to this message asking for us to put on Jemfest in your town next year. *I'd like to get some discussion going on about how to put on future Jemfests.
We had alot of discussion on some really key points. *Shane brought up a good idea:
Why not have Jemfest in the same place every year at the same dates every year?
There are goods and bads with this, but most good from
what Kevan and I observed. *If you guessed I'm hinting at keeping Orlando as the 'Jemfest Capitol', you're correct. *If it grows to where we can't stay at the Holiday Inn, there are lots of other places in the city we can go.
1. Planning from an organizer standpoint would be easier.
2. *We'd know where/what the Hotel was like and what to expect from the owners/supervisors. *(BTW the Holiday Inn and the airport was the BEST venue we had. *The staff was incredible and friendly and didn't care how loud we were or how long we stayed).
3. *YOU as an attendee would know long in advance when and where to stay. *(No excuses next time Glen
4. *Orlando has tons of stuff to do. *Disney, Universal, etc... *Plan it as a family vacation and take the kids. *
5. *We could advertise better, knowing the local stations and newpapers. *(I've already established contacts there).
6. *You could buy your plane ticket months and months in advance and save lots of money.
1. *Driving from the Midwest/West Coast would be hell.
2. *Some people might not be able to attend or bring all they're gear due to long distances from the show.
This is not set in stone and I just want to throw out this idea to the forum. *Input... need input!