Jemfest, eh? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest, eh?

I wish there was a Canadian Jemfest for all us Canadian shredders. *That would be really really cool. *Just cuz there's no way I can get to Florida, and want to spend some time hanging/jamming/talking with fellow guitarists that aren't into *shudder* Blink 182.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 03:12 PM

Jemfest, eh?

Sounds like you signed yourself up to create a Canadian Jemfest. * *I encourage it. * Maybe a mini-Jemfest.

Don't count on the Jemfest organizers to put on a Canadian show within the next couple of years at least. *We are a non-profit US organization at this point... *Don't know what governmental loops have to go through to conduct business there.

Gabe
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 04:36 PM
ken

Jemfest, eh?

C'mon Gabe, wasn't Las Vegas enough red tape for ya? :biggrin:

(shutting up now, before someone decides to volunteer me for the job of organizer)
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 04:50 PM

Jemfest, eh?

Quote:
Quote: from ken on 5:36 pm on June 11, 2001
C'mon Gabe, wasn't Las Vegas enough red tape for ya? :biggrin:
This is interesting because I got a call from the State of Nevada last week regarding my permit. *They were concerned that I was still doing business without renewing my permit. *I told them to go 'shove' their permit where it hurts and I'll never conduct business in Vegas ever again.

Gabe
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 11:40 PM

Jemfest, eh?

Canadian Jemfest would be cool...or even a little closer to the border Jemfest....did see some one mention Milwaukee...thats getting closer :biggrin: *
Peace

Alden
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 12:38 AM

Jemfest, eh?

Gabe- aren't you still an official promoter in the State of Nevada? *Anyone else think that Gabe with Don King-type hair would be a great holiday card picture? *:-)

Jemfest Canada. *Hmmm...not a bad idea but, as stated, the "international" aspect would be 10x harder than Canadian residents hopping a plane to the US, or driving across the border.

If we did do it up there, I'd have to recommend Calgary (family there) or Kelowna (family there too). *They held the Olympics in Calgary, but can they handle Jemfest? *:biggrin:
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Jemfest, eh?

I don't think I could organize anything, even a mini-fest, since I'm in grade 11 and up past my @$$ with homework. *But if someone organizes something, I'm there. *Preferably in July/August. *I don't think anyone wants to risk bringing their JEMs up here in the winter.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 06:04 PM

Jemfest, eh?

I'm up for possibly starting a jemsfest up here.

I'm sure it would be a trip and I would need to plan at least a year in advance, so...I'm not sure, plus job stability and guitar ability come into play, I have to be able to rip it with the best of you canucks.

So what do you guys say, a Canadian Jemfest
titled "A Jemfest In The North"

we could possibly have it in a central province like Edmenton? how'z about it?

let me know what ya think

:shoot:
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 10:02 PM

Jemfest, eh?

I thought ontario was pretty central...

hehe remember the last jemfest-canada thread? lol fighting for jemfest in toronto... oh well...

you're right though, wherever it was, we'd need a while to prepare, save, woodshed, whatever.

but as far as being an official jemfest thing, i dunno... we'd have to do our own version.

i'd vote for next summer as a good time... preferably in may/june... but until then i was thinking of a more regional thing, a smaller, more jam-type thing than an official "jemfest" thing... like one in ontario, one in the west, that kinda thing.

what do you guys think (i'm having a strange feeling of deja vu lol)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 11:02 PM

Jemfest, eh?

Ok guys, as this has been talked about for a long time now, I need to know, how serious is everyone? *I realize that many of you are in school and everything, so here is the deal. *
I will organize it, if everyone really wants this to happen, I think it would be great. *Here is the catch though, if I organize, it will be in Alberta, I don't have the time, or money to organize it outside of my own province. *If you want this to happen, let me know, but I need to know there will be good interest, I don't wanna do this expecting 50 and have me and Kremlin show up LOL
anyway, let me know!

Jeremy
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 11:17 PM

Jemfest, eh?

Alberta sounds kewl. I would definitly try and make it... I have a sister in Lethbridge which isn't far from ya. I'm definitly up for it. :thumbsup:

Alden
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 10:14 AM

Jemfest, eh?

Me too!!! If it was in Alberta I could give you hand with organizing it, Jeremy...if you want me to.

MorbidAngel, I think Edmonton sounds like a really good idea
Iīll me moving there in December, but Calgary would be just as good for me.

Sarah
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 01:16 PM

Jemfest, eh?

Hey Sarah, I had full intentions of getting you to help organize it hehehe *Anyway, if you guys want this to happen, I will get started making some calls, and full organization after xmas. *
I would think a date in between Jemfest USA and Jemfest UK would make sense, likely in August, *As I am planning to attend both USA and UK Jemfest's next year. * *So August would probably be a good time, school isn't back in yet, and the weather is always nice here in August.

Lemme know what you guys think!

Jeremy
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 02:14 PM

Jemfest, eh?

Dont count on the UK Jemfest being late in the year in 2002 like it is this year.

I dont know when we might have it next year but certainly not before June.

If you want help from the Jemfest UK organising committee then I will be please to help anyway I can.

Best wishes

Simon
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 05:22 PM

Jemfest, eh?

you jeremy, you are awesome :thumbsup:
if you can get a jemfest together (hell, even if it is in alberta, i'll take a bus lol) then it'll definitely be cool

i'm votin for you man

but whoever's in ontario for that jam that i keep talking about, email me, icq me, msn me, phone me (email me or something first) then i can work it out. i got to york university and they got these nifty little rehearsal rooms that i can reserve, so we can jam. i even know tons of drummers, bassists, guitarsists, whatever to help us out if we need a rhythm section or want to cut heads with another dude or two.

about the jeremy's jemfest idea, i think august is a cool time too, so lets plan it for then i guess. not too hot, not too cold, no school, whatever. it sounds good to me.

-Pryde :silly:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

jemfest greg howe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode