Jemfest Jam - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Jemfest Jam

I just downloaded the jemfest 2001 videos and have a few questions about Sand's,Garcia's and Balducci's gear setups.
Among the 3,I found Rob Balducci's tone to be the best.To me both Sand's and Garcia's(especially Garcia's) tones sound very harsh.Was it like that when you heard it live or did it just come out that way in the video?

Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 08:00 AM

Jemfest Jam

HOLY $H!T !!! When I grow up, I wanna play as good as any of youse guys :biggrin:

If you haven't checked out the videos yet, you can get them here

Very cool :thumbsup:
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Jemfest Jam

errr......ok.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 08:48 AM

Jemfest Jam

Sucks to be me, those are pretty big files! *Anyone have a cable modem I could borrow, or maybe someone could burn a disc?

I think that the sound is bad, not the tone.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 09:20 AM

Jemfest Jam

Considering it was recorded using the 8Ę microphone on a mini-camcorder, I think it's fabulous.

Ricky was running through Ryan's rig- 5150 head, some FX, a POD and a PV 4x12 cab (if I remember correctly). *He might have been going thru a(n older) Marshall head...the one Ryan uses to power Arc Of Decent's monitors. :-)

Rob was playing through Jay's "mini-fridge" rack- *Egnater IE4 preamp, G-Force, and a 4x12 cab.

Eric is plugged into a Line 6 Flextone II with f/c. *That's it.

The tones were wonderful in person. *No two were the same, so it was easy to distinguish between the players...even with your eyes closed.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 09:36 AM

Jemfest Jam

For the jam I used Ryan's rig like Kevan explaned it. During my show I had just my Rocktron Chameleon through the Effect return of a Marshall Valvestate.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 11:56 AM

Jemfest Jam

For the J-3 jam there was no sound check. Only Eric had his own rig. Rob had some time during his set to get familiar with Jays rig (awesome rack-o-gear). Ricky just plugged in cold and played. It was a different rig than he used for his set.

Most of the volume was stage volume and the location of the camcorder in relation to the cabs on stage affected the sound.

You had to be there. It was wonderful.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 07:01 PM

Jemfest Jam

The sound was great at the show - another reason why everyone should attend. *I mentioned in previous posts that the reason for the high tone is because of my location with the camcorder. *The mic just picked up Rob's amp the best... go figure.

Gabe
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 01:38 AM

Jemfest Jam

Wow, never checked out those videos before.. I dunno if I could keep up with the likes of Ken, but I'd still love to go!

Even better, those guys in the second group of videos are playing Europa! I love that song, it was the first song I learned totally in and out, I used to be a Santana nut... I wish I had gone now, so I could've hopped on stage to jam
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 01:47 AM

Jemfest Jam

K watched a bit more.. on second thought maybe I wouldn't have hopped on stage LOL
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 04:21 AM

Jemfest Jam

/me waves his bandwidth at Kirk *

Just watched all of those videos for the first time (yah, I'm lazy ).

I dug'em all but I think I enjoyed Ken's stuff the most.

Great stuff, wish I could've been there.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 08:40 AM

Jemfest Jam

Quote:
Quote: from jeffrey on 4:21 am on July 18, 2001[brI dug'em all but I think I enjoyed Ken's stuff the most.
We hope to have Ken back for next year

Gabe
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 10:34 AM

Jemfest Jam

I wanna go next year, I just hope it's not at tax-time again.

I can't afford TaxFest and JemFest that close together.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 05:46 PM

Jemfest Jam

Eek!! Tell me that not all the guys who go are on par with the likes of Eric Sands, Rob Balducci, and Ricky Garcia, or I'd be way too embrassed to show up...

Then again, I'm only 17, and have zero formal background :biggrin:

(Edited by Kremlin at 7:47 pm on July 18, 2001)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 07:13 PM

Jemfest Jam

Donít worry man. There are many of us present that look up to those guys. Itís mostly about guitars and charity to me. I had a total blast just talking and hanging with everyone.

Tags
eric sands , marshall valvestate , ricky garcia , rob balducci , rocktron chameleon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

jemfest greg howe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode