Jemfest in the Midwest?! - Where next year? *Detroit - the h - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest in the Midwest?! - Where next year? *Detroit - the h

Let the games begin, I nominate Detroit, but only because I live nearby and have access to a plethora of resources. *

We've got Canada too, where they have liscenced prostitutes. * *

i have no interest in the prostitutes, but have you ever seen how a great white north honey picks up a toonie?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 08:24 PM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

You got my vote, and I'll do what ever I can to help out. I only live 15 minutes from the Airport. You gotta get your own toonies... :laugh:
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 10:04 PM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

Hey, somewhere closer to home would be cool!

Detroit is a good option... only about a four hour drive for me. Why not Cleveland? I wonder if the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame would get in on it?

(Edited by darren wilson at 10:06 pm on May 11, 2001)
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 11:06 PM

Reviews: 1
Jemfest in the Midwest?!

SWEET HOME CHICAGO !
Home of da Blues, ga Bulls, da Bears, da Cubbies n all that !
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 12:30 AM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

Throwing in Seattle here right near the newest Rock n Roll gimmick under the space needle.....
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 12:36 AM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

I thought i heard somewhere thatcit was gonna be the west coast area????

i vote for Houston
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 02:04 AM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

Yeah, west coast would be kewl!!!! *How about Red Deer!? *yeah, ok, cowboys and hicks, prolly wouldn't work, but what about Vancouver? *That's one of the biggest music hot spots in Canada, either way, somewhere in the northwestern US would be really kewl for me. *At any rate, I'm going to do my best to be there next year!
Jeremy
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 11:28 PM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

Isn't Cleveland the home of R nR with the Hall of Fame and all???

Just kidding. *I mentioned to keven that maybe next year have it here in louisville. *While not alot of jemster's here but alot live within a short drive + Jemfest is around the time of Derby every year. *Lots of party's, celebs, free concerts, Fireworks and the like. *Maybe we could even tempt Vai to show
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 12:04 AM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

We can stop discussing this because everyone will want it in their city or area. *It's way to soon to be discussing this. *When the time comes for organizing JF2002 we'll be taking suggestions, but over the weekend we've come up with some new ideas on how to run future Jemfests.

More details later.

Gabe
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 08:35 AM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

I dont mind where it is-I will be flying from the UK anyway!

Gabe-
please let me know any new ideas on future jemfests as I am organising the mini-jemfest-UK for Oct 20 2001

best wishes

Simon
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 01:44 PM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

Grand Island, NE.
:biggrin:
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 05:39 PM

Reviews: 1
Jemfest in the Midwest?!

In all seriousness, a predominantly central location to all would be my best guess to have a good turn out.
Nebraska anyone? Ughhh
Bamm
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 07:15 PM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

Well, I think Orlando was great! *You have to look at why! *The price was perfect, the venue was right there, so was the airport. *Everything was so convenient, Denny's right accross the street, a pool...down town disney...music shops, Orlando is a happening place! *I think it is the way to go, in all seriousness - no matter where they have it, some people won't make it, so it really is a coin toss...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

Any particular reason why this was closed? *Must have been an accident, but just in case it wasn't I'll lock the door behind me. *:biggrin:

I hope that noone has taken this thread serisouly. *I think that we deserve a bit more respect than what we're getting. *Does anyone really think that we expect to determine where Jemfest will be (and if it will be) next year? *I didn't think so. *We're all very capable of understanding the migrane which Gabe and Kevan probably have right now.

Guess I need to bust out the "ode de sarcasm." *:sarcasm:
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 11:07 PM

Jemfest in the Midwest?!

Kirk- I'm guilty as charged. *I locked it up thinking that some folks were taking it seriously, and others weren't (like you and I). *

I figured better just keep all the legit conversation over at the other thread. *

Everyone- I'm sure I'll be combining and locking threads throughout the week. *No problem...just needed a starting point. *Don't be mad if I move your particular post. *

Thanks for understanding.
Closed Thread

Tags
darren wilson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode