Jemfest Is Online - new pictures are up - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest Is Online - new pictures are up

Hello from Orlando,

People and guitars are starting to arrive and new picturers are starting to appear at jemfest.com. *You can check them out at www.Jemfest.com/pics2001.html.

The connection here is pretty slow so we might not make the webcam happen this year. *There are several digital cameras and a couple of video cameras. *We will shoot many hours of video this year and Gabe has promised to get it digitized and online in the next couple of weeks.

More updates will follow...

bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 02:10 PM
ken

Jemfest Is Online

Ah. That's cool. Just looking at the pictures, I remember the vibe and "the shakes" have subsided...

Word to the wise though: If you ever go, don't skip a year. Breaks my heart not to be there.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 04:41 PM

Jemfest Is Online

I'd recommend against going at all. *Only the elitist Jemf**s can afford the time and money to waste on such a gratuitous waste of weedly weedly sound waves.

i wish i was there

Screw the guitars, I just like the people....sometimes

Next year there should a plane tickets donated for a raffle. *(*this could be a freebie if airlines allow Frequent Flier mile transfers - I'd donate some of my mileage)

Hey aren't those the same pictures from last year?! *:sarcasm:

(Edited by kirk at 5:32 am on May 12, 2001)
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 04:44 PM

Jemfest Is Online

Cool... nice to see some close-up shots of some of the guitars we've seen and heard of over the years. Some more detailed captions might help, though... i don't know who a lot of those people are!

Cool-lookin' JF2001 shirts, too. I still think Darren should have just put the big logo right across the chest, but hey, they look great... the colours came out fantastic! I can't wait to see shots of people modeling them.

Wish i could have been there. I'm just finishing my last week of teaching and i'm changing jobs after next week, so it's absolute mayhem for me for the next 7 days.

Have fun!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 06:12 PM

Jemfest Is Online

ouch....

Man, seeing those pics are really frustrating

Jemfest is probably one of the greatest gatherings around, although seems like last year the amount of atendants was kinda low, the coolest part, besides the guitars, is the camaraderie vibe. It's not everywhere that you find people who take the time to organize or attend something like a fest. It's really a demonstration of pure love. It really shows that there's still hope for humanity :biggrin:

To all the folks in Orlando: I really hope that you guys have a blast this weekend !!

But, somehow, I think that I would become frustated if I ever attend JF2001 and not see Glen and Rich (the put a face in the name thing..)

Well maybe next year

It's really a bummer about the webcam, but I'll check the pics on the site several times a day

c-ya
gilberto
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 08:10 PM

Jemfest Is Online

CRUD! I have never been to a jemfest but have met some jemsiters, have seen videos though, and that makes it even worse. *Bummed about the webcam

Jemfestless in Michigan....
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 01:45 PM

Jemfest Is Online

would it be too much effort to caption some of the pics?

It'd be nice to put names with the faces -
who's the playgirl-model lookin' dude? *
and who's the tall guy with all the hair? *
and who's 7vwh with the black pickguard is everyone playing? *
and who' room is that? *
and are those Kevan's kids? *
who's RG-gold is that? *
who let that kid with the Tom Anderson in? *
Who's the dude with the long cellophane-red hair playing kev's rg-gear -- and who's the chick behind him? *
And is that guy going to buy Kev's Rg-Art - or is he just going to sit and play the friggin' thing all day?

CAPTIONS, DAMMIT! *I NEED CAPTIONS!!!! :shoot:
sorry
~kenny
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 05:00 PM
ken

Jemfest Is Online

I guess coming from two years of attendance has spoiled me a bit. I can identify most of the people in the pictures.

I think that captions would be nice. I think your demand for them is rude. You don't even know what it takes to organize that event, let alone try to take pictures. God forbid you'd ever stop working for a minute to actually enjoy the event.

I'd be willing to bet that these guys have been working and playing hard ALL DAY, then come back to the room around 2 am and take more time to upload the event so we can share in the experience.

Enjoy the pics. Know that people are having fun. Next year, offer to organize it and run it yourself so that people can demand more than the 110% you're already giving. :glare:
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest Is Online

Hello All,

We are in the middle of the event on Saturday and Stephanies Religion is just wrapping up their set. *Lots of people and lots of cool guitars are here and the bands playing have been great!!!

We'll do our best to keep putting pictures up frequently and we're shooting lots of video so look for that in the coming weeks. *Also, we plan to go back over the pictures later and add captions too, so just sit tight and keep checking the site for updates.

Wish everyone could be here.

bill
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 05:58 PM

Jemfest Is Online

Hey All..

Man I wish I was there this year.. So SO sorry I couldn't make it in person. I hope that you're all having a great time.. and I'm bummed that the webcam is not going to come together. *I wish I wasn't so Damn busy with the new CD and other things at the moment, but I'm telling ya, if you guys get back out to the west coast, I'm down for next year! Seattle would be very cool.. or San Diego, We got a good crowd and great support around here to book into clubs around here for the weekend as well.> for the over 21'rs who get extra shows from some out of town talent.. I'd certainly be happy to do anything I can to help the cause.. Keep rockin everyone..

Adam Fox
www.adamfox.com
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 06:51 PM

Jemfest Is Online

Quote:
Quote: from ken on 5:00 pm on May 12, 2001

I think that captions would be nice. I think your demand for them is rude. You don't even know what it takes to organize that event, let alone try to take pictures. God forbid you'd ever stop working for a minute to actually enjoy the event.

I'd be willing to bet that these guys have been working and playing hard ALL DAY, then come back to the room around 2 am and take more time to upload the event so we can share in the experience.

Enjoy the pics. Know that people are having fun. Next year, offer to organize it and run it yourself so that people can demand more than the 110% you're already giving.
Dear Ken,

First of all, how DARE you suggest that I 'stop working for one minute'. *Do you know my living situation? *do you know my financial situation? * Some of us don't have those kinds of options. *

I obviously wish I could be there to experience it first-hand, otherwise I'd have not taken the time to look at the pics and had so many questions. *Were you able to see even one ounce of the humor in the questions or the post in general? *or were you just so overcome by self-righteous indignation that you had to flame me?

you have no right to judge me.
~Kenny

WHOA! *
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. *

You're both right in your requests and suggestions. *Unfortunately, we're on PC's here (heh heh), and with a 26K connection any and all requests will be done at a snails pace.

Answers to all the questions in due time.

PLEASE don't make me close or delete this thread.

Thanks guys.

(Edited by Kevan at 7:31 pm on May 12, 2001)
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 07:30 PM

Jemfest Is Online

Dude, Ken is the last person that should get that kind of statement. I hope GFY doesn't stand for what I think it does. *This forum is not that kind of place, besides I thought Ken was rather polite with his statement and I thought your post was rather demanding, I'm sure that *Gabe will get around to putting captions on the pic's. *So try to relax and be thankful Kevan hasn't seen this yet cause I have a feeling he might not appreciate it too much. *I know you probably don't agree with what *said so I guess can GFM...Your post would have been ok without the GFY commentary *:argue:
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest Is Online

Quote:
Quote: from ken on 5:00 pm on May 12, 2001
... God forbid you'd ever stop working for a minute to actually enjoy the event.
We're here guessing that this should read:

"....God forbid THEY ever stop working for a minute to actually enjoy the event."

Please correct us if we're wrong. * Thanks.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 08:38 PM
ken

Jemfest Is Online

I wasn't judging your life. Relax. I wasn't talking about your situation. I was talking about how you would feel if you WERE THERE, so Bill is correct, I should have said THEY, not YOU.

Don't expect me to apologize though. I thought your post was off-base. Next time you want to come across as humorous, leave the ALL CAPS statements and the little machinegun weilding icon out of the post.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 10:34 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Jemfest Is Online

lets try again in another thread. this one now closed :cheesy:
Closed Thread

Tags
black pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode