Jemfest Special Edition Video - Now Available - please read - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Jemfest Special Edition Video - Now Available - please read

OK I did it. *I got off my lazy arse and made a video of the following:

ALL of Jemfest 2001
ALL of Jemfest 1999 (man was I fat back then!)
+ Bonus from JF2K on tape 2... you'll see!!!!!

On 2 tapes, not really good quality, but near pro (just recorded on crappy tapes). *I'd like to get these tapes to all the JF2K1 artists first (yes, and you Rich Pike!). *Once that's done, I should have a tax-id where I can write-off all the other video expenses. *Now that Jemfest is becoming a Non-profit business, we must start putting money into the org so we can make this better and better. *The purchases (minus costs of goods+shipping) will be tax-deductable on your taxes next year. *Cool huh?

For all you wanting this video. *We (Jemfest) will be charging some $$ for this. *Not much in comparison to what you'll be getting. *12 hours of Jemfest fun??? *How much is that worth? *I'll figure it out later, but probably around $10+shipping. *In the meantime, I'll work x-tra hard to get the video editing system audio working again. *Remember, we're not into making a bunch of $$ off the people who perform (for free, I might add), we're trying to get this Jemfest non-profit business going and I won't lie, we need $$ to do it.

If you buy the video, beware! *We will have a VCD coming out where you can play it on a DVD player. *The quality should be SVHS. *So... just a warning there - you will see something of better quality coming out. *Sometime in the next few years I'm sure (given my duping time!!!).

Anyway, calling ALL artists from Jemfest now and before!!!! - E-mail me! *I need a mailing address. *I've got *T.J.'s and RP's going out this week (probably Friday). *It takes 12 hours to dupe 1 set, obviously, so give me time. *I've only got 2 VCR's! *I have about 12 blank tapes here where I can dupe and I'll buy more if needed.

Gabe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:36 PM

Jemfest Special Edition Video

Gabe- don't forget: *I have two VCR's here too. *:-)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 05:15 AM

Gabe, I'll have a set!

BTW when my converter comes back from repair I will have this set up NTSC VCR-->Converter-->PAL VCR

so I can convert copies for the Europeans, Africans and Aussies.

We can sort it out next month if you like.

Cheers

Simon
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Will do Simon. *This would be great to have so you can show it at the UK Jemfest.

The videos are coming along slowly, but they are getting done. *I had some tracking problems on one tape and so on... *I'll have 2 sets going out tomorrow one to RP and one to TJ. *Understand that these will be 3rd generation tapes! *I copied SVHS from my Hi8 camera to a master tape, then the master tape to the target tapes. *Overall I'm happy with the quality though.

Again, if you were an artist from Jemfest I'd like to get these out to you first. *Once Jemfest is a business I can buy some better equipment for duping and get them out quicker. *Plus we need some money to get the Jemfest business going.

On another note, the JF2000 scenes are all the sets from all the artists! *Full Rob Balducci, Dave Weiner, and Jeremy Krull. *I did some mixing and matching and was finally able to fix everything from all the Jemfests on 2 tapes!

Here's what's on the tapes:
Tape #1:
Jemfest 2001
*Pre-show suite jam w/Bill, Bob, and Shane
*Jeremy Krull
*Matt King
*Stephanie's Religion
*Frankenshred
*Arc of Descent
*Ricky Garcia
*Rob Balducci
*Eric Sands (first 1/2 of set)

Tape #2:
Jemfest 2001
*J3 - Sands, Balducci, Garcia
*Eric Sands (Completes set)
*Jemfest 2001 Jam
Jemfest 1999
*Rob Balducci
*Ken Burtch
*Jemfest 1999 Jam
*Guitar Giveaway Winner
*Jemfest 1999 Jam continues
Jemfest 2000
*Adam Fox (lost battery 1/2 in)
*Dave Weiner
*Jeremy Krull
*Rob Balducci

Hope I got it all, just going from memory.

Gabe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 02:29 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Gabe - can you dub a copies in S-VHS? ...glen
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote: from jemsite on 3:29 pm on Aug. 24, 2001
Gabe - can you dub a copies in S-VHS? ...glen
Wish I could. *My 2nd VCR doesn't have SVHS inputs or outputs. *If I was to master from the Hi8 tapes, it would take a full day just to do 1 copy because the tapes are only 2 hours each.

Sucks, but soon I'll have decent equipment. *I'll be sure to make you a copy as well.

It's looking very bad for me as far as free time goes because a HUGE project I'm working on at work. *But, 2 full copies are complete and I expect to have 2 more done by the end of the weekend.

Gabe
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 04:42 PM

Id gladly part with my hard earned cash for this vid man,

NTSC is cool for me I can also convert stuff to PAL but I tend to loose a large chunk of sound quality when I do so, Ill double check tonight

Steve
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

I just got feedback from Matt that the VHS tapes may have a tracking problem. *Everything looked cool on my end, but in another VCR it might look bad.

Tough to tell at this point. *When the others get the tapes please give me feedback if you are having the same problem.

Thanks,
Gabe
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 05:38 PM

I'll get them too, man. :thumbsup:

Alden

Tags
dave weiner , eric sands , ricky garcia , rob balducci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode